Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 3 Conner 2 (9th Region Finals)

Featured Replies

Those scaffolds were excellent for getting shots. Completely unobstructed views. Great angles.

I was allowed for our first district game, then not for the 2nd citing "liability" issues.

After seeing some others climb up and down, I could see why the NKU folks were concerned.

 

It took several days, help from some key people, and signing a waiver to get permission to be up there for the region tournament.

 

I would prefer to shoot from the ground level but with the big crowd there simply wasn't a great spot to capture the moments. Once up on the perch I noticed a steady sway which made for some level of picture problems. And I hate to shoot through the fence although it is not impossible.

 

Most concerning thing I have read is Clyde and LB keeping an eye on my, let's say back, while I was working my way up.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations to Notre Dame on a great team effort in winning the Regional tournament and good luck in the State tournament.

From the tourney perspective, 9th Region action was pretty darn intense this year. I have become a fan of the game and was surprised at the quality of play from both teams in the finals. Not sure how Owensboro got the State event but I hear they have some nice facilities. Is it true the tourney is at the same time as the boys baseball? That stinks if it is.

 

Congrats to NDA on the win. Some nice plays near the end made a big difference. I can't remember when I saw a coach more excited than NDA's. Seems like a heck of a nice guy and one who cares about the girls, the game and the school. To all those who didn't win, I will see you next season. Thanks for some great action.

I would prefer to shoot from the ground level but with the big crowd there simply wasn't a great spot to capture the moments. Once up on the perch I noticed a steady sway which made for some level of picture problems. And I hate to shoot through the fence although it is not impossible.

 

Most concerning thing I have read is Clyde and LB keeping an eye on my, let's say back, while I was working my way up.

 

I think we both said at the same time, "I wish we had a camera to capture this". :lol2:

 

However, all of BGP and NKY student-athletes owe you a big thanks for all you do. :notworthy:

 

I didn't follow the whole season, but wasn't one of the Roark sisters catching for Conner early in the season?

I was at the game on Sunday and enjoyed the game very much. Some good plays and some good pitching on both teams. Kaylee did a nice job and her team played well behind her she deserved to be the mvp. The Connor pitcher, Sims, did a very nice job as well, but it was a real shame her defense made those critical errors. I saw on another site a listing of the all tournament teams and did not see her name listed. How could a pitcher who took her team to the regional finals be left off an all tournament team? What a shame that she was not given more credit than that. How are the all tourney teams selected? Just wondering. I thought both pitchers did a great job.

  • Author
I didn't follow the whole season, but wasn't one of the Roark sisters catching for Conner early in the season?

 

I believe so. Not sure when the youngster took over.

 

I would expect the Roark girls to be elsewhere next season.

  • Author
I was at the game on Sunday and enjoyed the game very much. Some good plays and some good pitching on both teams. Kaylee did a nice job and her team played well behind her she deserved to be the mvp. The Connor pitcher, Sims, did a very nice job as well, but it was a real shame her defense made those critical errors. I saw on another site a listing of the all tournament teams and did not see her name listed. How could a pitcher who took her team to the regional finals be left off an all tournament team? What a shame that she was not given more credit than that. How are the all tourney teams selected? Just wondering. I thought both pitchers did a great job.

 

 

She is really good. Also had a double.

I was at the game on Sunday and enjoyed the game very much. Some good plays and some good pitching on both teams. Kaylee did a nice job and her team played well behind her she deserved to be the mvp. The Connor pitcher, Sims, did a very nice job as well, but it was a real shame her defense made those critical errors. I saw on another site a listing of the all tournament teams and did not see her name listed. How could a pitcher who took her team to the regional finals be left off an all tournament team? What a shame that she was not given more credit than that. How are the all tourney teams selected? Just wondering. I thought both pitchers did a great job.

 

 

Not exactly sure of how softball does it, but in the sport I coach, the Region All Tourney team (which is what you saw after the game) is chosen strictly by the school's coach and staff. So, for example, NDA's coaching staff chose Haylee to be the MVP and the other two NDA girls to be all tourney. (The winning team gets 2 on the team and the MVP, runner up gets two on the team, and so on down to the teams that lost first round, get to put one girl on). So if the pitcher from Conner was left out, it is because her own coach did not name her to the team. It would have nothing to do with other teams' coaches not voting for her like the thread about the Coach's Association team that some notable players got left off of.

 

A softball person can correct me if this is wrong and not how it is done in your sport.

I believe so. Not sure when the youngster took over.

 

I would expect the Roark girls to be elsewhere next season.

 

I would say this has been speculated for more than a month.

I was at the game on Sunday and enjoyed the game very much. Some good plays and some good pitching on both teams. Kaylee did a nice job and her team played well behind her she deserved to be the mvp. The Connor pitcher, Sims, did a very nice job as well, but it was a real shame her defense made those critical errors. I saw on another site a listing of the all tournament teams and did not see her name listed. How could a pitcher who took her team to the regional finals be left off an all tournament team? What a shame that she was not given more credit than that. How are the all tourney teams selected? Just wondering. I thought both pitchers did a great job.

 

Not saying Sims did or did not deserve to be on the all regional team but Conner had other very deserving girls as well. Conner had by far the best draw so they should have been in the finals. Not every award needs to go to a pitcher, even though it seems like they always do.

I would say this has been speculated for more than a month.

 

Where they going LB?

Where they going LB?

 

The rumor has been that they would go to St. Henry. I would personally be surprised; the Roark family has been very involved with Conner softball for several years. However, if they do, best of luck to them. Jessie would have prime spot to pitch.

The rumor has been that they would go to St. Henry. I would personally be surprised; the Roark family has been very involved with Conner softball for several years. However, if they do, best of luck to them. Jessie would have prime spot to pitch.

 

What about Jordan Kramer, does she still pitch

I would say this has been speculated for more than a month.

 

It's a win/win for both teams!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.