NKY baseball coaches association All-Star teams

Again, no love for any of the Dixie guys. Amazing that not a single player from a Regional runner-up team makes it. I'm not saying that these players aren't deserving but reputation and publicity plays a pretty big role and Dixie needs to do a better job of getting their players attention. How about Caple © or Combs (P, yes I am biased)?

Is it a typo or did Josh Cain make it as a pitcher and and outfielder? Again, not saying he isn't deserving but let's see him pull that off in a game, come on man!

Which Colonel should be on and in whose place?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think Tyler Mason should have been on the team. He is the RBI and batting avg leader for most of the year I believe on Ryle's offense. The stats on Cincinnati.com haven't been updated for Ryle in weeks. You mention Forbes, I believe the head coach nominates the players from his team, there are so many quality seniors I would definitely start there. You have to respect Roesel for that. As the outfielders go.....Fogle's numbers are incredible, Thomas Baumann set all kinds of records, and Schreiver, though his avg. is down, is such a threat and a great defender. It was great Forbes was named 9th Region MVP, and has a chance to get recognition at state if he stays hot, but the outfield selected is outstanding. Forbes over Suchanek for Jr All-star? Suchanek pitches and it gives the All-star team more options, he has had a great year and a top notch player, that is a coin toss. Again Schriever has a big name, homerun leader and is a big threat. I dont have any problem with the selections. I am surprized Smith got the nod over Plvan.

I won't disagree with the selection of Coach Mullins as Coach of the Year. Great coach who did a terrific job with a young Beechwood team. I do think it's a shame that Coach Roesel from Ryle didn't get any recognition though. Picked up his 400th career win this season, team has 32 wins (to date) - which is 2nd most in school history - and played a very tough schedule, has advanced his team to state as 9th Region representative, and is, by anyone's standards, an excellent coach. Certainly deserving of some type of post-season honor - hopefully it'll be holding the state championship trophy. :thumb:

have to agree with old bull dog all kids deserving but publicity plays big role like dixie being runner-up in region and no one on all star team campbell county in same boat. Guess just not enough publicity. Walsh going to Kentucky Weslyn and Franzen going to Georgetown

Actually, why are they even voting yet for anyone until the high school baseball season is over? I do believe this was a messed up way of picking your all-stars.

Name your All Star Team but wanna bet that whomever you mention, someone will say, why didn't you put so and so on it?

I have seen each and everyone of the kids mentioned on the list and those each of you have mentioned, most more than once and it's hard for me to say which one was better than the other but the list was voted upon.

Below is just my opinion:

How much of the season did Kuebbing miss being out with his injury? That might have been one of the factors

Who won the mighty all "A" tourney didn't Cain and Bartels pitch NCC to winning the Championship and not Kuebbing nor Suchaneck?

Hellbird, how many games did AJ Collions miss while on vacation during the baseball season? Could that have been a factor?

Tom, do you want the entire Ryle team as the All Star team? There were three already on the team!

Yes, but didn't Keubbing win in the Regionals for St. Henry? Didn't Cain get beat in the Regionals? As good as Cameron Fogle is, didn't he miss several games for Conner due to injuires in getting ready for UK football? Didn't the Cincinnati Reds have 8 all stars on the Natl. League all star team at one time. Didn't Campbell County only lose by one run in the regional finals to Harrison County and wasn't Tyler Walsh on the mound that day as well as his outstanding senior season? Mason Forbes is the Regional MVP and no mention of him on the list? Didn't Dixie do better in the Regionals than NCC this year (when it really counted)? Actually, didn't St. Henry do better this year than Highlands with Kuebbing on the mound? I have a feeling when the votes came in .... the season wasn't over and frankly still isn't for 16 teams.

As I have said a thousand times before, these things could be named at the beginning of the season rather than the end. I am a HUGE Cameron Fogle fan and no way is he player of the year. Sorry you could name many others that played more, because he was hurt, and had more productive seasons than him. That is not to slight Cameron, but it is a true fact. The players named are listed from a popularity basis and name recognition. No disrespect intended for any of the players here, but what we do know is Ryle was the best team in the 9th Region this year, followed by Dixie, Beechwood and St. Henry. That is what matters. Individual awards are for sports like tennis and golf where you play by yourself.

agree Ryle will play Harrison Tuesday. Just a shame that name recognition means that much. It comes down to being the best team. would be better off not having until end of season. walsh bats 390 and era of 3 something Franzen bats around 400 with 6 wins on the year

As I have said a thousand times before, these things could be named at the beginning of the season rather than the end. I am a HUGE Cameron Fogle fan and no way is he player of the year. Sorry you could name many others that played more, because he was hurt, and had more productive seasons than him. That is not to slight Cameron, but it is a true fact. The players named are listed from a popularity basis and name recognition. No disrespect intended for any of the players here, but what we do know is Ryle was the best team in the 9th Region this year, followed by Dixie, Beechwood and St. Henry. That is what matters. Individual awards are for sports like tennis and golf where you play by yourself.

You may be right about Fogel but have you seen that kid play he is a stud and is one of the best hitter in the 9th. This is not a team awards its individual awards and all this kids who are on this list are great baseball players. Ifs its about names in the beginning of the season you have 2 freshmen and 1 soph on this list who had no varsity experience and the Pangallo boy was one of the best hitters in the 9th and was well deserving of top pick for soph All Star state team. Combs and Stringer had awesome years also for their age. Congrats to All of these kids who were on this list. And Good Luck to Ryle at State this week.

You may be right about Fogel but have you seen that kid play he is a stud and is one of the best hitter in the 9th. This is not a team awards its individual awards and all this kids who are on this list are great baseball players. Ifs its about names in the beginning of the season you have 2 freshmen and 1 soph on this list who had no varsity experience and the Pangallo boy was one of the best hitters in the 9th and was well deserving of top pick for soph All Star state team. Combs and Stringer had awesome years also for their age. Congrats to All of these kids who were on this list. And Good Luck to Ryle at State this week.

Think I already said how great Fogle is...he was injured often this year though and also DH'd quite a bit. That is a fact. Conner didn't make the Region tourney.

As for the two Freshman-go back and look at the Beechwood threads, and Midland talk and see if they were not chatted about prominently. I stick by my statements 100%.

These are popularity awards and lifetime achievement ceremonies. Pangallo is a very positive well known name in Northern Kentucky.

Suchanek for BW threw 3 innings in the Region and was lifted. Stringer 2 innings 4ER and an loss. Also was 0 for 4 in the semifinals of the Region. Those are irrefutable facts. These are subjective awards. I watch a lot of baseball and know what these awards are. I bet the coaches hate making the nominations let alone voting for them.

All of this is why I like watching the games better then the voting. Stars shine at the brightest moments.

Again, no love for any of the Dixie guys. Amazing that not a single player from a Regional runner-up team makes it. I'm not saying that these players aren't deserving but reputation and publicity plays a pretty big role and Dixie needs to do a better job of getting their players attention. How about Caple © or Combs (P, yes I am biased)?

Is it a typo or did Josh Cain make it as a pitcher and and outfielder? Again, not saying he isn't deserving but let's see him pull that off in a game, come on man!

Caple will get his turn next year. As good as he was this year, Caple wasn't better than Kramer or Norton.