Sophomore All Star Zack Pangallo NewCath

Sophomore All Star Mitchell Jones Highlands

Coach of the Year Bob Mullins Beechwood

Assistant Coach of the Year Eric Hill NewCath

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I am confused. Does this mean that Mitch Kuebbing did not make this team? How can that be? What about Suchanek? Listed as Junior All Star, but not on team itself? Is there a link to this? Look at the two freshmen on here. That is really cool.

Name your All Star Team but wanna bet that whomever you mention, someone will say, why didn't you put so and so on it?

I have seen each and everyone of the kids mentioned on the list and those each of you have mentioned, most more than once and it's hard for me to say which one was better than the other but the list was voted upon.

Below is just my opinion:

How much of the season did Kuebbing miss being out with his injury? That might have been one of the factors

Who won the mighty all "A" tourney didn't Cain and Bartels pitch NCC to winning the Championship and not Kuebbing nor Suchaneck?

Hellbird, how many games did AJ Collions miss while on vacation during the baseball season? Could that have been a factor?

Tom, do you want the entire Ryle team as the All Star team? There were three already on the team!

Again, no love for any of the Dixie guys. Amazing that not a single player from a Regional runner-up team makes it. I'm not saying that these players aren't deserving but reputation and publicity plays a pretty big role and Dixie needs to do a better job of getting their players attention. How about Caple © or Combs (P, yes I am biased)?

Is it a typo or did Josh Cain make it as a pitcher and and outfielder? Again, not saying he isn't deserving but let's see him pull that off in a game, come on man!

I just don't get how josh Bellew who has about 7 wins, Ethan Brennan who has about 7 wins, and Tyler mason who lead the ryle team in hitting all year is left off. But then again I do agree with the old bulldog and wonder how caple from Dixie didn't make it. I don't know, just kind off "messed up" in my opinion.

Here is my understanding of the selections:

The "All-Star" teams are those individuals selected by the coaches as the top players at their respective positions from NKY (9th and 10th regions). There is no game associated with these selections, just the honor of being selected. The two players listed under "Senior All-Star", "Junior All-Star", and "Sophomore All-Star" heading have been selected by the 9th Region coaches as the two players that will represent the 9th Region in the state all-star games. Every region will select two players and there will be three separate games, one for each grade level. I am not entirely certainly why Suchanek (Beechwood) and Jones (HHS) were selected as 9th Region reps to the All-Star games but didn't make the NKY All-Star team.

First off, a HUGE congrats to those players listed! EVERY single one of them was deserving on the honor. Please don't take anything away from these young men - they are all outstanding players. Were there some absolutely terrrific ballplayers not included on this list? Sure, no question, but not everyone can make it and it makes more sense to congratulate those who did than go on endlessly about those who didn't, imo.

have to agree with old bull dog all kids deserving but publicity plays big role like dixie being runner-up in region and no one on all star team campbell county in same boat. Guess just not enough publicity. Walsh going to Kentucky Weslyn and Franzen going to Georgetown