Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 7 Covington Catholic 2 (9th Region 1st Round)

Featured Replies

Cov Cath

Davis: 3.0 IP, 3R, 3ER, 6H, K, 2BB, 57 pitches

Ward: 1 1/3+ IP, 3R, 2ER, 3H, K, 2BB, HBP, 37 pitches

Brown: 2 2/3 IP, 1R, 0ER, 3H, K, BB, HBP, 35 pitches

 

Schreiver: 1-2, 2RBI, BB

Pope: 1-3, R

Pangallo: 2-3, K, HBP

 

Ryle

Hoard: 6 1/3+ IP, 2R, 1ER, 5H, 3K, 3BB, HBP, 105 pitches

E. Brennan: 2/3 IP, 0R, 0H, K, BB, 11 pitches

 

Lonnemann, 2-4, R, RBI, BB

Baumann: 1-2, R, RBI, BB, HBP

Clarkson: 1-3, R, RBI, BB

  • Replies 72
  • Views 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He actually finished the inning and then was replaced.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40027[/ATTACH]

 

If he was knocked out as the picture and others have suggested, then I can't believe anyone on the medical staff would allow him to continue. If you are knocked out, you suffered a significant head injury. Plain and Simple.

What a stupid comment. Just take a look at their history and how many district and regional titles they have. You dont get those through hype. I'm a Beechwood fan and can tell you that they are not "overhyped" They lost today to what most feel is the best team in the 9th Region. Are you using that to judge?

 

I agree with Clyde about overachieving. This is also why I say they are not overhyped. They always seem to have the ability to get it done.

I don't think most feel Beechwood is the best team in the 9th region. Not by far. They are a good team, but as anyone who follows the 9th region this year everyone knows it is the toughest region in the area by far and there were 4-5 teams that you could flip a coin to see who is the best. There was never a clear cut "Best" team in this region, if there had to be a favorite many would give the nod to Ryle this year. that doesn't mean Ryle will move on, but if you had to pick one, Beechwood wouldn't be it. They'd be in the discussion with the other teams, but not a clear favorite.

If he was knocked out as the picture and others have suggested, then I can't believe anyone on the medical staff would allow him to continue. If you are knocked out, you suffered a significant head injury. Plain and Simple.

 

It did appear that he was out cold (as you can tell in the picture). As he fell he body was pretty rigged and then as he got to the ground, went limp. I know it's not exact science but normally when you see that it is an indicator they are knocked out. Myself and others near me were shocked he finished the inning as it looked like he was trying to clear the cobwebs out.

 

Hopefully he is able to make a full and quick recovery. You hate to see anyone get injured ever, but especially in situation of this magnitude.

I don't think most feel Beechwood is the best team in the 9th region. Not by far. They are a good team, but as anyone who follows the 9th region this year everyone knows it is the toughest region in the area by far and there were 4-5 teams that you could flip a coin to see who is the best. There was never a clear cut "Best" team in this region.

 

1) I agree that it is the toughest region in the area and that anyone can win it.

2) I think he was saying Ryle is the team most feel is the best in the 9th. Not Beechwood.

1) I agree that it is the toughest region in the area and that anyone can win it.

2) I think he was saying Ryle is the team most feel is the best in the 9th. Not Beechwood.

 

You are right, i misread that. ooops.

Great game played by Ryle. Cov Cath just didn't get it done where they needed to. But I personally feel that Cov Cath wouldn't have gotten 20 wins if they would have played Moeller and Elder like they were supposed to

Great game played by Ryle. Cov Cath just didn't get it done where they needed to. But I personally feel that Cov Cath wouldn't have gotten 20 wins if they would have played Moeller and Elder like they were supposed to

 

They finished with 23 wins (per KHSAA). How would playing Moeller and Elder decrease that number?

If he was knocked out as the picture and others have suggested, then I can't believe anyone on the medical staff would allow him to continue. If you are knocked out, you suffered a significant head injury. Plain and Simple.

 

Sorry folks, this is a disturbing picture imo. If he indeed lost conciousnes (sp) even for a second then as a parent of athletes I have serious concerns about the adults leading our kids in sports.

 

I agree with Stinky, proper protocol should take priority here, PERIOD END OF SENTENCE, no gray areas according to the picture.

 

IMHO, this isn't about a kid "being tough" or "being a stud" and "shaking it off" this is just plain stupid to allow this kid to continue to play.:thumb:

They finished with 23 wins (per KHSAA). How would playing Moeller and Elder decrease that number?

 

Good question! Can't wait to see the answer.

Congrats to Ryle as they move on, as well as to the Cov Cath team as I for one did not think that this team would be able to make it to Region. At beginning of year they were young and inexperienced and I really thought that this had the potential to be a down year. Hopefully the experience they gained this year sets them up for next year.

I also hope the young man for Ryle has a complete recovery. I do have to question the wisdom of the Ryle medical and coaching teams if he was truly knocked out, and they allowed him to continue to play. I hope he never lost consciousness, and that is why they allowed him to finish the inning.

Great game played by Ryle. Cov Cath just didn't get it done where they needed to. But I personally feel that Cov Cath wouldn't have gotten 20 wins if they would have played Moeller and Elder like they were supposed to

 

 

So who else besides Highlands played Moeller and Elder? Granted, they had almost no shot at beating Moeller nor did anyone else from NKY but they could have beaten Elder. They, like CCH, were down a little this year. Don't assume that winning 20 games is easy to do. I think there were a few other teams in the 9th that arguably had more talent this year that didn't get 20.

 

Congrats to Ryle. Very solid team and no easy outs from top to bottom. That is huge. BTW, enjoyed watching a team bunt quite well and kept the pressure on CCH. Especially enjoyed the drag bunt when the Colonels switched their 3rd baseman and Coach R did it the very next pitch.

Trainers from both teams came out to check on the kid. I'm guessing by the fact that both allowed him to stay in he must not have been knocked out and he was not showing signs of a concussion.

Cov Cath

Davis: 3.0 IP, 3R, 3ER, 6H, K, 2BB, 57 pitches

Ward: 1 1/3+ IP, 3R, 2ER, 3H, K, 2BB, HBP, 37 pitches

Brown: 2 2/3 IP, 1R, 0ER, 3H, K, BB, HBP, 35 pitches

 

Schreiver: 1-2, 2RBI, BB

Pope: 1-3, R

Pangallo: 2-3, K, HBP

 

Ryle

Hoard: 6 1/3+ IP, 2R, 1ER, 5H, 3K, 3BB, HBP, 105 pitches

E. Brennan: 2/3 IP, 0R, 0H, K, BB, 11 pitches

 

Lonnemann, 2-4, R, RBI, BB

Baumann: 1-2, R, RBI, BB, HBP

Clarkson: 1-3, R, RBI, BB

 

Can you or TOG give me the batter by batter results in the 1st and 3rd inning when Davis was pitching.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.