May 23, 201313 yr Lebron James Kevin Durant Kobe Bryant Chris Paul Tim Duncan Impressive for a 72 year old man
May 23, 201313 yr Just on a side note, I'm not sure how you can have Dwight Howard on the All-NBA 3rd team. I felt like Cousins would have been a bit more deserving him at least.
May 24, 201313 yr Why the bashing of Tim Duncan? Why not bash him? He's 85 years old and one of the most undeserving First Team All NBA players I have ever seen in my entire 38 5/6 years of living. It is utter stupidity to imply or suggest that Tim Duncan is First Team All NBA in his 106th year of living.
May 24, 201313 yr Why not bash him? He's 85 years old and one of the most undeserving First Team All NBA players I have ever seen in my entire 38 5/6 years of living. It is utter stupidity to imply or suggest that Tim Duncan is First Team All NBA in his 106th year of living. Come on now. Tell us how you really feel.
May 24, 201313 yr This year, Carmelo is a first team all NBA player. If you feel the need to have a big (meaning I can't remove Tim Duncan from this team), I think Carmelo had a better 2013 than Kobe. My support is simple- if you objectively answer these two questions, I think you would agree Carmelo deserves the spot over Kobe: 1. Which player had a better supporting cast? 2. Which player led his team to a better season?
May 24, 201313 yr Born2Reign kinda ask a valid question. Why is the All-NBA team not by position? If a big needs to be on the team should there not be a true 5 on the team?
May 24, 201313 yr Born2Reign kinda ask a valid question. Why is the All-NBA team not by position? If a big needs to be on the team should there not be a true 5 on the team? I would frame it from the other perspective; do we need to have a big if a big is not deserving of the selection? Replace Tim Duncan with Carmelo Anthony and you have a better representation of the best the league had to offer this year, IMO. How does Dwight Howard make all NBA at all? Collegiate all- American teams have gone away from positional selections in basketball and maybe the NBA should do the same, especially if there are contractual ramifications to these selections.
May 24, 201313 yr Great question. However, my Kobe fandom(just keeping it real) will not allow me to pick Melo over Kobe but I'll pick Melo over everyone not named Lebron, Durant or Kobe. That being said, it's obvious this isn't a true First Team by position. Lebron and Durant play the same position and one could argue that they are 2 guards as well. One could make a valid point saying that this team is 4 guards and a forward/center. Because of that I think the First Team should be: Lebron Durant Kobe Melo Paul/Parker/Westbrook-any of those 3 would be fine with me.
May 24, 201313 yr Dwight Howard and Tim Duncan made their respective teams due to name recognition and reputation. Kind of like Kobe being on 1,345 Defensive First Teams.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.