Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First Team All-NBA

Featured Replies

Great question. However, my Kobe fandom(just keeping it real) will not allow me to pick Melo over Kobe but I'll pick Melo over everyone not named Lebron, Durant or Kobe.

 

 

That being said, it's obvious this isn't a true First Team by position. Lebron and Durant play the same position and one could argue that they are 2 guards as well. One could make a valid point saying that this team is 4 guards and a forward/center. Because of that I think the First Team should be:

 

Lebron

Durant

Kobe

Melo

Paul/Parker/Westbrook-any of those 3 would be fine with me.

If that was an actual team, Kobe would lose his mind. Could even go homicidal, IMO.
Dwight Howard and Tim Duncan made their respective teams due to name recognition and reputation. Kind of like Kobe being on 1,345 Defensive First Teams.

Same thing happens with Gold Glove, best fielder doesn't win in a lot of cases. It's the best fielder with name recognition to go with it.

If that was an actual team, Kobe would lose his mind. Could even go homicidal, IMO.

 

I'd prefer they go by position but with Bron, Melo and Durant it is impossible and those three deserve First Team NBA.

 

 

Kobe does too.

I think Tony Parker got robbed. I don't know what games people watch but Tony Parker does everything better.

For the record, and because there seems to be a lot of confusion, Tim Duncan is a center and has been a center for quite some time.

For the record, and because there seems to be a lot of confusion, Tim Duncan is a center and has been a center for quite some time.

 

I don't disagree with your sentiment (in terms of how he plays, Duncan is, for all intent and purposes, a center) but has Tim Duncan ever been listed as a center in his career?

 

I remember him listed as power forward for the overwhelming majority of his career and I can not remember a regular season or playoff game here he was listed as a center.

 

He may have been listed as a center on all star teams or even Olympic teams, but I can't remember this happening as a Spur in the regular season or post season.

I don't disagree with your sentiment (in terms of how he plays, Duncan is, for all intent and purposes, a center) but has Tim Duncan ever been listed as a center in his career?

 

I remember him listed as power forward for the overwhelming majority of his career and I can not remember a regular season or playoff game here he was listed as a center.

 

He may have been listed as a center on all star teams or even Olympic teams, but I can't remember this happening as a Spur in the regular season or post season.

 

Not ong ago Pop was asked who was going to play the 5 next game. His answer was "the same guy that has played it the last 15 years."

Not ong ago Pop was asked who was going to play the 5 next game. His answer was "the same guy that has played it the last 15 years."

 

Again, not disagreeing with the sentiment. :D

For the record, and because there seems to be a lot of confusion, Tim Duncan is a center and has been a center for quite some time.

 

Yep, he is not a Power Forward. Never has been.

 

It is not a requirement to put together the team according to positions - you can put players on a team ranking them 1-5 regardless of position - but those voting always put 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a 1 center on the team more of out of tradition. So I guess you can say Duncan made it by default because Howard is a weenie and the others in consideration did not do enough to warrant consideration.

I think Tony Parker got robbed. I don't know what games people watch but Tony Parker does everything better.

 

People forget that Parker was up there with LBJ, if not leading for MVP, until he got injured. I am not sure what Chris Paul did besides a catchy State Farm commercial that put him ahead of Parker. The Clippers had some bad lulls during the regular season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.