Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Road Rage - Guns - Bad Mixture - Bowling Green

Featured Replies

I am concerned about why Brown felt it neccessary to exit his car and approach Bradshaw with his gun concealed' date=' then prevent Bradshaw from exiting his vehicle. That doesn't seem like self defense, that seems like the aggressor. If Bradshaw happened to see Brown's gun it seems like he was the one defending himself.[/quote']

 

This.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I am concerned about why Brown felt it neccessary to exit his car and approach Bradshaw with his gun concealed, then prevent Bradshaw from exiting his vehicle. That doesn't seem like self defense, that seems like the aggressor. If Bradshaw happened to see Brown's gun it seems like he was the one defending himself.

 

That is why I would like to know what words were exchanged between the two parties. I do agree it was a bad choice to approach Bradshaw but what is really important is what was said from that point on. We could all come up with a narrative that would make either party look good/bad.

Isn't Brown a cop?

 

 

I have been told of this story but I have been made aware of the Bradshaw side of the story. It is a massive mess as BBJ has said. I was very hesitant to post anything about it because it is a massive mess. Since it is here now...my first question is about Brown's occupation.

Isn't Brown a cop?

 

I have been told of this story but I have been made aware of the Bradshaw side of the story. It is a massive mess as BBJ has said. I was very hesitant to post anything about it because it is a massive mess. Since it is here now...my first question is about Brown's occupation.

 

The article says off duty security officer. If that's true, then no he is not a police officer.

  • Author
The article says off duty security officer. If that's true, then no he is not a police officer.

 

That is how I read the article too. And not to demean, but there is a huge difference between the training and requirements for an active police officer vs. a garden variety security officer.

Okay. I've seen people label him as a cop but as I said I only know the Bradshaw view of the story. Bradshaw was well liked in the community by a lot of the youth in BG so his tragic and violent death has stung the community to say the least.

 

Next question...and again, I only know the Bradshaw side of things. BBJ's posts change my view some but not all of the way. Next question though....is Mr. Brown white?

That is how I read the article too. And not to demean, but there is a huge difference between the training and requirements for an active police officer vs. a garden variety security officer.

 

He was a Warren County Sheriff's office court security officer. I would think they would get more training than most security officers, wouldn't they? Still I realize it wouldn't rise to the level of a police officer's training.

I believe that Brown is a bailiff, who are employed by the Sheriff's office. He was not on duty when the incident occurred. Yes, PP, both men were white.

 

He was a Warren County Sheriff's office court security officer. I would think they would get more training than most security officers, wouldn't they? Still I realize it wouldn't rise to the level of a police officer's training.

 

I'm not sure on how much training they get but most of them definitely do not get as much as your average police officer.

  • Author
He was a Warren County Sheriff's office court security officer. I would think they would get more training than most security officers, wouldn't they? Still I realize it wouldn't rise to the level of a police officer's training.

 

Hard to say and I may disagree with H20's post on this too. If he is a court security officer there is a chance he is a fully sworn deputy (just assigned to court security) that receives the same training that all the full time road units receive.

 

How old is he, this may give us some insight?

 

Hard to say and I may disagree with H20's post on this too. If he is a court security officer there is a chance he is a fully sworn deputy (just assigned to court security) that receives the same training that all the full time road units receive.

 

How old is he, this may give us some insight?

 

Notice I said most.

 

Perhaps I should change that to, most of the bailiffs I've met. Many friends of mine from high school went on to become bailiffs and I'm almost certain none if them went to any academy.

  • Author
Notice I said most.

 

Perhaps I should change that to, most of the bailiffs I've met. Many friends of mine from high school went on to become bailiffs and I'm almost certain none if them went to any academy.

 

Notice I said I may. :D

Not too offend anyone, as being a bailiff you see more than your fair share of wackos you have to deal with on a day to day basis. But, a large number of ones I have seen are older and couldn't stop something if something did happen.

 

But, did he identify himself? If so, does he have the right to pull someone over? Or is he only as Guru hit on "just assigned to court security" and does not have authority outside of the courtroom?

I simply cannot fathom any circumstance when, armed or unarmed, you follow a vehicle, stop when they stop, and approach their car intent on altercation. Road rage is something I just don't get.

Next question...and again' date=' I only know the Bradshaw side of things. BBJ's posts change my view some but not all of the way. Next question though....is Mr. Brown white?[/quote']

Why do you ask about race?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.