Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How stupid is Chad Johnson?

Featured Replies

As I said before, he will be broke in 5 years. He may try the CFL.

What's dumb about putting your name out there for everyone to see and know that you still want to play. You end up on TV and radio shows and if nothing happens so what? It's not like Chad has anything else to do. Some team might take a chance on him but probably not.

  • Author
As I said before, he will be broke in 5 years. He may try the CFL.

 

I bet he is already broke.

  • Author
You read it correctly. He's zero risk for any team. If they sign him and he becomes an issue, they simply release him and lose nothing. If he produces, it's an incredibly cheap option. It's a no lose situation.

 

At least I get an A for reading comprehension.

 

I still think he is a team chemistry risk.

I will give him this though: For years he was not afraid to run crossing routes for the Bengals. He is not that big and he would expose himself to make a play with LBs and safetys all around him (which you cannot say for most NFL receivers). He was entertaining to watch in his prime.

 

He ran sideline routes and Houshyomama ran the crossing routes. He had alligator arms in traffic. Not sure what you saw that I didn't.

 

I have to agree with spindoc on this one. Chad definitely wasn't a big fan of going across the middle and use alligator armed it most of the time. Now I will say that before 2006 he did go over the middle more often. However after he got his head taken off at the very end of the game against Cleveland, he was never the same going across the middle. That was the same game Pollack had his career ended and Tab Perry had his career ended too.

He has been making the rounds begging for another chance. No problem there and I don't blame him but he claims to be low risk and high reward. :lol:

 

How about this Chad:

 

1. The team that knew you the best (Bengals) got rid of you.

2. The team with the "genius" for a head coach (Patriots) got rid of you.

3. The team desperate for help at WR (Dolphins) got rid of you.

 

Add to that, you showed your rear end on Hard Knocks by not doing as Coach Philbin asked and then you assaulted your wife.

 

Only a complete fool of a team would take a chance on you. You had a great career but it is time to move on to the next phase of life.

 

So again I ask the question, how stupid is Chad Johnson?

 

Child please....

  • Author
Child please....

 

I have a couple of Bengal/Child Please t-shirts and they always bring a smile to my face.

 

However, in this case, I think the right saying is:

 

"Kiss the baby!"

It's probably pretty minimal at this point, but who knows, maybe he could surprise and be a solid #3-#4 kinda guy. If he isn't, you let him go and lose nothing.

 

Unfortunately for Chad, his ego will never allow him to be a #3 or #4. His mind may want the ball, but the game (and his aging body) has long left him in the rear-view mirror. There is always somebody younger, more skilled, better body, and just as hungry.

Talk about chemistry killers! Randy Moss, Terell Owens. They got second and third and fourth chances. Give Chad one more.

Edited by Fear the Nation
not a good post

It's probably pretty minimal at this point, but who knows, maybe he could surprise and be a solid #3-#4 kinda guy. If he isn't, you let him go and lose nothing.

 

I don't think Chad could be a #3 or 4 WR, physically or emotionally…

  • Author
I don't think Chad could be a #3 or 4 WR, physically or emotionally…

 

I hear what you saying, I agree, and this too would be a chemistry killer.

 

It is over Chad! I hope you saved some $$$.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.