Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Central 64 St. Xavier 55

Featured Replies

Louisville's big problem is this: we have several smaller facilities like Bellarmine that seat just over 2,000. We also have Freedom Hall and the Yum Center that seat around 20,000. We don't really have much in between. Louisville Gardens could have potential if anyone bothered with it but I think our illustrious mayor and metro council sold it to Cordish a few years ago. Probably for about a dollar. They're almost certainly just sitting on it and letting it go to heck in the hopes that the state legislature will let them build a casino on it.

 

And do I ever wish that the problem in Louisville was that high school basketball teams had too many fans. The opposite tends to be the problem.

 

The only other possibility would be Broadbent Arena at the Fairgrounds but at $10 to park I doubt that you would have to worry to much about crowd size. A couple of times the LIT (and maybe the regionals) were held at the Commonwealth Convention Center. I can't remember what the seating capacity there was. I'm also fairly certain that the powers that be wanted a place to play that they didn't have to pay a rental fee.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other possibility would be Broadbent Arena at the Fairgrounds but at $10 to park I doubt that you would have to worry to much about crowd size. A couple of times the LIT (and maybe the regionals) were held at the Commonwealth Convention Center. I can't remember what the seating capacity there was. I'm also fairly certain that the powers that be wanted a place to play that they didn't have to pay a rental fee.

Why don't they just rent Jeffersonville High's gym? That's a heck of a lot closer to most Jefferson County schools than Valley's. Seriously, Jefferson County definitely needs a 4,500 - 6,500 seat arena.

It seemed as though the Tigers' season was over after the win over Trinity. How could you top that? Beat Ballard? That didn't go well, but all of their tough scheduled games were before that and probably the reason for the win over Trinity. You can't play a top 25 team every week because there just aren't that many in Louisville. That's besides the point... the season ended with some turmoil inside the locker room and from the stands. The 6 seniors were not the happiest with PG Rob Shaw's distribution of the basketball down the stretch and not that it was the reason for losses, but that is never good when you are trying to win a championship TOGETHER. Great season and platform for the program to take off!

 

This group of seniors won 42 games in 4 years!! unheard of at X in forever! It is only going to go uphill because the JV/Freshman were a combined 38-6. Expect big things from the Tigers in the future!!

 

42 games in 2 years

Likely a great facility, but 3,500 seems a bit small for the sixth and seventh region tournaments, given the number of big schools playing in each tournament and the quality of games. Will the venue be big enough for the events?

3,194 is actual seating quoted by Mr. Wyman.

It seemed as though the Tigers' season was over after the win over Trinity. How could you top that? Beat Ballard? That didn't go well, but all of their tough scheduled games were before that and probably the reason for the win over Trinity. You can't play a top 25 team every week because there just aren't that many in Louisville. That's besides the point... the season ended with some turmoil inside the locker room and from the stands. The 6 seniors were not the happiest with PG Rob Shaw's distribution of the basketball down the stretch and not that it was the reason for losses, but that is never good when you are trying to win a championship TOGETHER. Great season and platform for the program to take off!

 

This group of seniors won 42 games in 4 years!! unheard of at X in forever! It is only going to go uphill because the JV/Freshman were a combined 38-6. Expect big things from the Tigers in the future!!

Will there ever be more than 1 African American on the court at once? Could we learn from trinity in respect to that?

Louisville's big problem is this: we have several smaller facilities like Bellarmine that seat just over 2,000. We also have Freedom Hall and the Yum Center that seat around 20,000. We don't really have much in between. Louisville Gardens could have potential if anyone bothered with it but I think our illustrious mayor and metro council sold it to Cordish a few years ago. Probably for about a dollar. They're almost certainly just sitting on it and letting it go to heck in the hopes that the state legislature will let them build a casino on it.

 

And do I ever wish that the problem in Louisville was that high school basketball teams had too many fans. The opposite tends to be the problem.

 

3,194 is actual seating quoted by Mr. Wyman.

 

Thanks to both of you for the reply

Will there ever be more than 1 African American on the court at once? Could we learn from trinity in respect to that?

 

Are you implying that X doesn't put the best team on the floor? Are you implying that playing time at X is based on race? There is not much that I like about X, but even I don't believe that. And by the way, there is much X could learn from Trinity.

Are you implying that X doesn't put the best team on the floor? Are you implying that playing time at X is based on race? There is not much that I like about X, but even I don't believe that. And by the way, there is much X could learn from Trinity.

 

I don't believe there is much x could learn from trinity. And that is exactly what I'm saying, not implying. The best team is never on the floor at x. The 4years I attended there were countless players on the fb team that could've contributed on the court but for some reason were not selected. Every year at x there are at least 10 players who are significantly better in nearly every aspect of their game that don't suit up for the tigers basketball team.

And I didn't necessarily mean to single out the race because there are plenty of good white players not on the team as well. I'm just astonished trinity doesn't look like the typical predominately white catholic school on the basketball court.

I don't believe there is much x could learn from trinity. And that is exactly what I'm saying, not implying. The best team is never on the floor at x. The 4years I attended there were countless players on the fb team that could've contributed on the court but for some reason were not selected. Every year at x there are at least 10 players who are significantly better in nearly every aspect of their game that don't suit up for the tigers basketball team.

 

That would seem to be coaching issues more than anything else..................If this is the case and I assume based on your name you have some knowledge of the St. X workings. But to say 10 players are not playing that are significantly better would then state that X could put a team of non players together and soundly beat your team you put on the floor...?????

I may have to shower and then go confess my sins after I come to the defense of X, but I don't buy what AT is selling. His initial post implied race and a reluctance to put more than one black player on the court at a time. I can't imagine anyone at X, coach, teacher or administrator that would ever think such a thing, let alone do it. His later posts try to soften that to a general inability to select the right players for the team. Fans always know someone that should have been selected before the player the coach selected. In general, I'll trust the coaches.

I may have to shower and then go confess my sins after I come to the defense of X, but I don't buy what AT is selling. His initial post implied race and a reluctance to put more than one black player on the court at a time. I can't imagine anyone at X, coach, teacher or administrator that would ever think such a thing, let alone do it. His later posts try to soften that to a general inability to select the right players for the team. Fans always know someone that should have been selected before the player the coach selected. In general, I'll trust the coaches.

 

I wasn't asking for your trust nor approval. I'm simply stating my opinion on a matter I witnessed first hand while attending the school. And while I was there, there were good white players as well as black. Many parents and students felt the team would've been a lot better with more of those black players I speak of. Take it how you want.

That would seem to be coaching issues more than anything else..................If this is the case and I assume based on your name you have some knowledge of the St. X workings. But to say 10 players are not playing that are significantly better would then state that X could put a team of non players together and soundly beat your team you put on the floor...?????

 

I maybe gassed the number to 10 but every year at least 5. And yes that was the consensus around the campus, that a group assembled could beat the team x put on the floor. @TA most recently Lamont McMurry and Jeremiah Neal being perfect examples.

Will there ever be more than 1 African American on the court at once? Could we learn from trinity in respect to that?

 

Ashantii Burgess, CJ Shanklin, and Rob Shaw will probably all be on the court at the same time next year and I don't think what that other school does is the best, but they do put pure athletes on the floor plain and simple.

Ashantii Burgess, CJ Shanklin, and Rob Shaw will probably all be on the court at the same time next year if that works for you haha

 

Big start. :clap::lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.