Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has Dan Trame Resigned?

Featured Replies

Coach Trame demands hard work and holds kids accountable. Unfortunately, some parents and players cannot deal with that. It's the "everyone deserves a trophy" mentality. You can be a coach, go to a school and do things the "right" way and wear out your welcome in 4-5 years and have a lot of success. Along the way you will hurt some feelings and upset a parent it two. Or, you can hover around mediocrity, be a "yes" man, never take a stance, and keep your job for 10, 15, 20 years. Reflection of our society and it is pathetic.

  • Replies 118
  • Views 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Trame demands hard work and holds kids accountable. Unfortunately, some parents and players cannot deal with that. It's the "everyone deserves a trophy" mentality. You can be a coach, go to a school and do things the "right" way and wear out your welcome in 4-5 years and have a lot of success. Along the way you will hurt some feelings and upset a parent it two. Or, you can hover around mediocrity, be a "yes" man, never take a stance, and keep your job for 10, 15, 20 years. Reflection of our society and it is pathetic.

 

Well said. :thumb:

Coach Trame demands hard work and holds kids accountable. Unfortunately, some parents and players cannot deal with that. It's the "everyone deserves a trophy" mentality. You can be a coach, go to a school and do things the "right" way and wear out your welcome in 4-5 years and have a lot of success. Along the way you will hurt some feelings and upset a parent it two. Or, you can hover around mediocrity, be a "yes" man, never take a stance, and keep your job for 10, 15, 20 years. Reflection of our society and it is pathetic.

Not sure there is only one "right" way to coach. What players did not deal with it? Did any players quit on coach Trame during the season? Who said the players did not work hard? They appeared to play hard for coach Trame til the end considering they lost to SK by 6 in the district after losing to them by 30+ twice this year.

 

Perhaps you have insight into the program that others do not or perhaps your just guessing.

It starts with the parents. I can guess it starts with scholarship expectations for their 3rd grade AAU superstar they have on their hands. I got news for them. Check out how many 6'2 white kids are playing D-1 ball, who can't jump over the Sunday paper. Very few. For all their grade school success, they won't play higher than D III at TMC. Nothing wrong with that. But, when mom and dad realize that by Johnny's sophomore year that Coach is not fulfilling their dream for Johnny, it gets ugly. You're freaking Walton, KY! You don't grow D I players! Live with it.

 

 

Why didn't I think of this!

Not sure there is only one "right" way to coach. What players did not deal with it? Did any players quit on coach Trame during the season? Who said the players did not work hard? They appeared to play hard for coach Trame til the end considering they lost to SK by 6 in the district after losing to them by 30+ twice this year.

 

Perhaps you have insight into the program that others do not or perhaps your just guessing.

 

I am not implying at all that this year's team did not play hard. They did. But you play hard no matter your feelings because of your love of the game, your school, your teammates, your pride, etc. I'd say the kids who left and are now rumored to be leaving are the ones who didn't/can't deal with it. It is very easy to blame a coach because your kid isn't playing or is getting yelled at or disciplined. And I for one am tired of disgruntled parents who absolutely nothing having an impact on the way coaches run their program. This is by far an isolated incident a Walton, but it really hits a nerve because of my admiration for Coach Trame.

I am not implying at all that this year's team did not play hard. They did. But you play hard no matter your feelings because of your love of the game, your school, your teammates, your pride, etc. I'd say the kids who left and are now rumored to be leaving are the ones who didn't/can't deal with it. It is very easy to blame a coach because your kid isn't playing or is getting yelled at or disciplined. And I for one am tired of disgruntled parents who absolutely nothing having an impact on the way coaches run their program. This is by far an isolated incident a Walton, but it really hits a nerve because of my admiration for Coach Trame.

 

I have the same admiration and respect for Dan. I believe players play hard for coaches as well. Unless your Dan or part of the WV administration or perhaps a WV basketball parent or one of the players then its pure speculation. I could be wrong, but I cant imagine Dan stepping down because of parental pressures at WV or any other school for that matter. All coaches face such pressures in nearly every program. If Dan decided to step down, its because he thought it was the correct thing to do.

I have the same admiration and respect for Dan. I believe players play hard for coaches as well. Unless your Dan or part of the WV administration or perhaps a WV basketball parent or one of the players then its pure speculation. I could be wrong, but I cant imagine Dan stepping down because of parental pressures at WV or any other school for that matter. All coaches face such pressures in nearly every program. If Dan decided to step down, its because he thought it was the correct thing to do.

 

But alot of factors come into play when making the decision as the correct thing to do. And yes, parental pressures are one of them.

Coach Trame demands hard work and holds kids accountable. Unfortunately, some parents and players cannot deal with that. It's the "everyone deserves a trophy" mentality. You can be a coach, go to a school and do things the "right" way and wear out your welcome in 4-5 years and have a lot of success. Along the way you will hurt some feelings and upset a parent it two. Or, you can hover around mediocrity, be a "yes" man, never take a stance, and keep your job for 10, 15, 20 years. Reflection of our society and it is pathetic.

 

I believe your wrong here. There could be something else at play... I know several players who have left in the past few years, one currently playing and he is working his tail off at another school, and playing well, for a coach that drives players. The players who are "considered" to be possibly leaving after this season are also players who have never shy'd away from hard work. They play ball year round and dedicate their lives to the game and have parents who do the same.

 

Not exactly sure what it is, but I don't believe that it is JUST kids who are afraid of hard work or discipline, or JUST parents who want their kids to have a trophy. It's been a trend for a couple of years..... Coincidence? Not sure.

I am not implying at all that this year's team did not play hard. They did. But you play hard no matter your feelings because of your love of the game, your school, your teammates, your pride, etc. I'd say the kids who left and are now rumored to be leaving are the ones who didn't/can't deal with it. It is very easy to blame a coach because your kid isn't playing or is getting yelled at or disciplined. And I for one am tired of disgruntled parents who absolutely nothing having an impact on the way coaches run their program. This is by far an isolated incident a Walton, but it really hits a nerve because of my admiration for Coach Trame.

If you have that many kids transfer, and your best players at that, are they the problem? Or, is the coach the problem.

 

Personally, I think Trame knows the game very well, and appears to be a really good coach. Has been successful in a few places. But, you have to look at both sides. You can't just blame the kids and parents when it's a multitude of players leaving. If it were just 1 or 2 maybe, but that's several in just a few years.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/bluegrasspreps-coms-break/walton-veronas-7th-167636.html#.USkjstc4kRs

 

Thread from the 7th grade team in 08-09.

 

Parents filling kids heads and hurting the team overall.

 

I believe every program gets excited about groups of kids that have success at any age level. Not sure how getting excited and supporting their efforts and love for the game hurts the team. It does create expectations, but expectations are part of life and I believe every parent expects their kid to give their best effort for the team.

 

It can be challenging at a small school to replace talent.The fact that 3 of the 5 starters on that 7th grade team have left the program is having an impact on the program.

Coach Trame is no longer out of basketball. He will be the JV girls coach at Walton Verona.

Coach Trame is no longer out of basketball. He will be the JV girls coach at Walton Verona.

 

He really didn't want to leave Walton did he?

Hopefully the girls parents are easier to manage than the boys were. I think he's a great add to Clinkenbeards staff, adding a ton of experience and should be a great asset in game plan development.

He really didn't want to leave Walton did he?

 

Ha! Have you read the softball thread? I've seen the group in action. Couple of real winners. Couple of very nice folks. Good luck coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.