2012-2013 All 8th Region Team

MacKenzie Cann, Anderson County (Player of the Year)

Eriel McKee, Anderson County

Brooke Dossett, Gallatin County

Aaliyah Wells, Martha Layne Collins

Courtney Sandlin, Walton-Verona

Hannah Neeley, Owen County

Hannah Dossett, Gallatin County

Abby Owings, Simon Kenton

Ashley McMurtrey, Oldham County

Billie Hearn, Grant County

Courtney Waldrop, Owen County

Paige Black, Trimble County

Michele Judy, Walton-Verona

MacKenzie Myers, Spencer County

MacKenzie Raizor, Shelby County

Coach of the Year

Holly Roberts Howell, Gallatin County

Players are listed in order of votes received.

Congrats to Cann(PYO) and all the young ladies!! I bet the vote was very close between Cann and McKee. I was also surprised that the eighth region had only 1 invited to the all-star tryouts. Thought Wells and Sandlin would also have been invited.

I did too, both are great players.

Congrats to all that made the list!

Very underhanded compliment to Coach Howell. Although Coach Kays is also very deserving, Coach of the year is not the same as coach of the team with the most talent.

I wont argue that Coach Howell wasn't deserving because gallatin has had a tremendous season and probably even exceeded expectations....but what does kays have to do to get the award? His team wasn't even a unanimous pick as pre-season regional favorites....in fact I would say the majority felt Walton had the best team...with Anderson and Simon both really close behind.

My point is just that Anderson, even while extremely talented, exceeded expectations to the tune of a one loss regular season with several wins against some of the best competition the state has to offer. If my memory serves me correct, Kays has never won the award...and after this season you just have to wonder if there are other reasons why he doesn't receive votes and others do.

Knowing coach Kays, he probably doesn't even care. In fact any coach worth his/her salt would trade all the awards for a regional title. I know he was more happy for his two players at the top of the list then he would have been for himself being named COY.

MacKenzie Cann, Anderson County (Player of the Year)

Eriel McKee, Anderson County

Brooke Dossett, Gallatin County

Aaliyah Wells, Martha Layne Collins

Courtney Sandlin, Walton-Verona

Hannah Neeley, Owen County

Hannah Dossett, Gallatin County

Abby Owings, Simon Kenton

Ashley McMurtrey, Oldham County

Billie Hearn, Grant County

Courtney Waldrop, Owen County

Paige Black, Trimble County

Michele Judy, Walton-Verona

MacKenzie Myers, Spencer County

MacKenzie Raizor, Shelby County

Coach of the Year

Holly Roberts Howell, Gallatin County

Players are listed in order of votes received.

Very much deserved! Congrats also to all the young ladies that were selected!

I wont argue that Coach Howell wasn't deserving because gallatin has had a tremendous season and probably even exceeded expectations....but what does kays have to do to get the award? His team wasn't even a unanimous pick as pre-season regional favorites....in fact I would say the majority felt Walton had the best team...with Anderson and Simon both really close behind.

My point is just that Anderson, even while extremely talented, exceeded expectations to the tune of a one loss regular season with several wins against some of the best competition the state has to offer. If my memory serves me correct, Kays has never won the award...and after this season you just have to wonder if there are other reasons why he doesn't receive votes and others do.

Knowing coach Kays, he probably doesn't even care. In fact any coach worth his/her salt would trade all the awards for a regional title. I know he was more happy for his two players at the top of the list then he would have been for himself being named COY.

I would disagree that Walton was considered the favorite this year. I believe Anderson had more starters returning than any team that was ranked in the top three at the beginning of the season. Anderson had a great season...but to get the award he would have needed to exceed expectations...not just meet them. Congrats to Coach Howell and her coaching staff for an excellent season.

I would disagree that Walton was considered the favorite this year. I believe Anderson had more starters returning than any team that was ranked in the top three at the beginning of the season. Anderson had a great season...but to get the award he would have needed to exceed expectations...not just meet them. Congrats to Coach Howell and her coaching staff for an excellent season.

by that logic the pre-season regional favorite could NEVER win COY.

You can say you expected them to be at the top of the region but hard to say they didn't exceed expectations going 27-1.