Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

33rd District

Featured Replies

I think Conner is going to be the top team in the 33rd this year. They have the best 1-4 in the district (probably the region also). With Maines on the mound, they can beat anyone and I see Ross and Smiley coming up big this year. IMO this is Arlo's best shot to get that regional championship. But can they keep calm heads?

 

Cooper is my other team to go to regionals from the 33rd. They have a ton of talent that has been on the varsity squad for 3 and 4 years. Dunn is a very good pitcher along with Collins and they have a good defense to back them up. But does Cooper have the hitting to stay with a Ryle or a Conner?

 

I think any of the 4 teams could make it regional. I know no one is giving Boone much of a chance but they may be the sleeper in the district. Anything can happen in one game to make it to the region.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think either Conner or Ryle will win the district during the regular season just because of pitching. But, making it to the region may be a different story. Each team has pretty good Aces to throw for the first game of the district playoffs.

 

 

Won't the aces be pitching in the district seed games also?

Great district from a competitive standpoint. All 4 can beat the others.

I think Conner is going to be the top team in the 33rd this year. They have the best 1-4 in the district (probably the region also).

 

Who are the 1 - 4 you mention?

Won't the aces be pitching in the district seed games also?

 

Depends on how the coach wants to play it. I've heard of coaches saving their ACE for the district playoff game. I don't think it much matters with this district. There's not much difference between the 1 playing the 4.

I'm a little biased but I really like the Conner team this year. I'd guess they will have 3 seniors hitting 1-2-3 in the lineup. Fogle has serious wheels and will be on base alot. He also has some nice power. Maines will also be one of the top hitters in the region, along with Padgett. I look for big things for Williams this year, too. I'd really like to see a big year out of Smiley on the mound. Struggled at time last year, but kid has all the tools/mechanics to have a really big year. From a defensive standpoint, Conner is pretty solid as well. Pitching will be the key (no big secret there) as it will be for many teams this year.

I'm not sure that much matters!

 

I am not saying that it is a huge factor but given that all 4 teams in the district are so close from a talent prospective, I think the familiarity/trust whatever you want to call it, give them a slight edge.

IMO this is one of those years where the district seed games are not as important as other districts. 1 through 4 can all play. No easy outs in this district come tourney time.

I'm a little biased but I really like the Conner team this year. I'd guess they will have 3 seniors hitting 1-2-3 in the lineup. Fogle has serious wheels and will be on base alot. He also has some nice power. Maines will also be one of the top hitters in the region, along with Padgett. I look for big things for Williams this year, too. I'd really like to see a big year out of Smiley on the mound. Struggled at time last year, but kid has all the tools/mechanics to have a really big year. From a defensive standpoint, Conner is pretty solid as well. Pitching will be the key (no big secret there) as it will be for many teams this year.

 

Wow! Conner is on a roll with all of its sports programs here lately.

Is this just Conner going through a cycle or is the talent there for yrs to come?:thumb:

 

Could it be new coaches and philosophies or is it the student/athletes are getting better?

Who are the 1 - 4 you mention?

 

I assume he means the players I referenced previously...

 

Cameron Fogle

Jared Williams

Blake Maines

Brady Padgett

Who are the 1 - 4 you mention?

That's my bad for not specifying. I was talking about the 1-4 in the batting order of Fogle, Williams, Maines, Padgett.

I haven't heard a lot about Ryle on hear. I was thinking that they would have a very strong hitting team with Baumann, Plvan, Clarkson, and and a 1st baseman whose name escapes me

JMO "The Hardaway", but if you think just because a team won at the JV Level and is going to make them a strong Varsity team, I will go on record and say there is NO comparison. This is literally BLACK & WHITE. I will tell you now that the pitching, speed ect. of the game isn't even close. Not to say there aren't some team that might only be at that level, but overall, NO WAY.

 

Did i mention Ryle has returning varsity experience? Sorry those guys back plus a talent JV team. I understand they are different levels but people do graduate and people move up every year and those same kids eventually play varsity. This was all i was saying GEEESH:thumb:

Did i mention Ryle has returning varsity experience? Sorry those guys back plus a talent JV team. I understand they are different levels but people do graduate and people move up every year and those same kids eventually play varsity. This was all i was saying GEEESH:thumb:

 

Who are they returning from last year?

Wow! Conner is on a roll with all of its sports programs here lately.

Is this just Conner going through a cycle or is the talent there for yrs to come?:thumb:

 

Could it be new coaches and philosophies or is it the student/athletes are getting better?

 

Cycle (for baseball anyway)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.