Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 55 Holy Cross 54 (9th Region All"A" semi-finals)

Featured Replies

JaSean Short for Newport is fouled with 00:00.4 seconds on the clock from about 30 feet out with the score tied and sinks the 2nd free throw for the win. This was a VERY entertaining game to watch, but it was also a "brutal" game to watch. Newport was atrocious from the charity stripe.

 

This might not be the PC thing to say, but when have I been known to not speak my mind: I challenge anyone to watch the replay of this game NKY HS Basketball:Holy Cross vs Newport - 9th Region All A Classic Semis | NKY Sports.com Videos | iHigh.com, at least the 2nd half and especially the 4th quarter, and not come away thinking "tonight Newport was the "dumbest" (decision wise) team in the region". You would need two hands to count all the "head-scratching" decisions they made in the final quarter. They did everything in their power to give this one away and I'm still shocked they won. Their final possession was nothing but luck, they had no idea how much time was left and were fortunate to even get a shot off. Coach Rodney Snapp was on the brink of "snapping".

 

However, I will give the Wildcats much props for their effort and giving up, for this they get a big thumbs up. :thumb:

 

Marquis Commodore for Newport was on fire tonight, great game by this young man. :notworthy:

 

The Indians are probably still wondering how they let this one slip away.

This HC team is a head scratcher itself.From self implodeing to some horrible coaching decisions.This team better get it together or another short post season is coming.

Spot on.

 

By far the worst I've seen a team play and come away with the W.

 

Free throw shooting was horrible by Newport. If they make half the misses, game doesn't come down to final possession.

 

Throwing oops on 2 straight possessions with 4 and then 2 point lead??? Wow. Arroyal Wright gets way up there but those aren't the times to show it off.

 

Commodore was indeed on fire and played well tonight, along with Short.

 

First time seeing Newport and they are extremely athletic. If they played smarter, they'd be very tough to beat, regardless of opponent.

Kinda shocked by this. I thought HC would win easily. Campbell not effective?

Spot on.

 

By far the worst I've seen a team play and come away with the W.

 

Free throw shooting was horrible by Newport. If they make half the misses, game doesn't come down to final possession.

 

Throwing oops on 2 straight possessions with 4 and then 2 point lead??? Wow. Arroyal Wright gets way up there but those aren't the times to show it off.

 

Commodore was indeed on fire and played well tonight, along with Short.

 

First time seeing Newport and they are extremely athletic. If they played smarter, they'd be very tough to beat, regardless of opponent.

 

Little time for the Wildcats to celebrate this one with NewCath looming, and hopefully Coach Snapp can drill it into their heads how very stupid it was to try to show off at such a crucial time in the game with the ill-advised ooops. Sure they got the 'W' but I hope it doesn't make them deaf to the common sense that I'm sure that he will scream super loudly at them. I was very surprised when Short bypassed the super important sure thing open lay up for the so-called potential 'showtime'. Really like his game, but thought that he was smarter than that. I seriously felt Snapp's pain and wanted to scream "WHY!? WHY!? WHY!?" along with him.

 

This is about the 5th time I've seen Newport this year and the first I've seen Commodore come to such life. His game tonight was extremely key. He really helped pick up the slack where Pierson typically is more effective. No Commodore... No 'W'... No doubt. Hopefully this was no fluke and that he keeps it up. Newport has seriously lacked another scoring option and judging by this game, they just found it.

 

If Newport can play smarter they could possibly have a much closer game with NewCath than they did in their first outing a few weeks back.

Wanted to add that the atmosphere and energy tonight was excellent. The little impromptu half time dance show by the Newport cheerleaders created some good fun. That dude on their squad has really got some good moves and can really groove to the tunes.:thumb:

Was this game like watching a game at the Playground or what?

 

I plan to watch the replay at some point to witness the lunacy.

Kinda shocked by this. I thought HC would win easily. Campbell not effective?

 

Couldn't be stopped.

 

I had him at 24, 12, and 5 blks.

 

Holy Cross just couldn't come up with baskets when they needed them late.

That dude on their squad has really got some good moves and can really groove to the tunes.:thumb:

 

"Groove to the tunes?" B-ball showing his age there.

Couldn't be stopped.

 

I had him at 24, 12, and 5 blks.

 

Holy Cross just couldn't come up with baskets when they needed them late.

 

Campbell is a very nice player but he could be totally dominant. He doesn't work hare enough to get open and he doesn't demand the ball.

  • Author
Was this game like watching a game at the Playground or what?

 

I plan to watch the replay at some point to witness the lunacy.

 

100%, yes on the playground "style".

 

"lunacy", that's putting it mildly. Everytime down the floor the only thing you could say was, WHY, WHY, WHY! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

  • Author

Just curious, has anyone watched the replay yet and come to the conclusion I stated earlier?

Somewhere in the 4th qtr it went something like this with Newport up 3 or 4.

Newport throws an oop that is ill advised, Holy Cross comes streaking down and throws an oop to Campbell that barely catches the top left corner of the backboard, Newport gets the run out and throws an oop off the backboard to the trailer for a missed dunk attempt. I can't do these things on NBA2K. Craziness.

I'd think NCC beats them by 20.

Just curious, has anyone watched the replay yet and come to the conclusion I stated earlier?

 

I only watched the very end. I could see a bit of what you were talking about.

Campbell is a very nice player but he could be totally dominant. He doesn't work hare enough to get open and he doesn't demand the ball.

 

Campbell was posting hard last night...they just didn't get him the ball.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.