Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BigZig Ranks NKY

Featured Replies

Nky is extremely tough to predict this year. It's HHS' turn at the top this week after getting everyone healthy and winning a tournament with good teams. But trying to rank this group of teams will drive you crazy. I fully believe any of the top 7 could beat any of the others any night. Match ups may be the reason one team beats someone and then turns around and loses to someone else. January is going to be a fun month to be a part of girls BBall in NKY! It's way early!!

 

I agree any of the top seven will be a tough out! I still think the ladybirds will be the team to beat in the end. I also think conner could be in the mix as well when the myers girl gets back! From what i have been hearing sounds like the COUGARS&LADYBIRDS could have quite a rivalry over the next 6 years?

  • Replies 123
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With Sandlin out, I think Walton is rated too high. SK should move up a couple spots.

I agree any of the top seven will be a tough out! I still think the ladybirds will be the team to beat in the end. I also think conner could be in the mix as well when the myers girl gets back! From what i have been hearing sounds like the COUGARS&LADYBIRDS could have quite a rivalry over the next 6 years?

 

They both have some gas in the tank all the way down to 5th grade! Should be fun for those two programs.

To make things more confusing...If you were only ranking NKAC, then you have to leave Walton Verona out of your rankings. Technically, they are not in the NKAC. They are only in the NKHSGBCA, which includes all the teams from the NKAC and one from the NCKC. (Walton Verona) :idunno:
Sorry off the thread here but I have often wondered why Walton Verona would be in ( or stay in the NCKC) I just don't see any benefit? Is there something I'm missing???

Because they are in the 8th region and surrounded by NCKC teams.

Because they are in the 8th region and surrounded by NCKC teams.
I'm not arguing your point I'm just trying to make some sense of it. There are several teams that are in the 8th region who are geographically a lot closer to most of the schools in the NCKC than Walton who are not in the NCKC. I just don't think that Henry Co Trimble Co Carroll Co. Owen Co. exactly surround Walton Verona. Simon Kenton is in the 8th region and not in the NCKC as far as proximity to Walton. I just am curious as to what the benefit was for Walton.

Ive got another example.... Just looking through the NKY teams, I know they religned the regions and districts but look at Brossart, there considered a NKY team but look at the tenth region. Teams like Montgomery Co., Paris, Harrison Co, GRC just to name a few. When people do these rankings Brossart is usually in them but you dont see any of those other teams in there???? Cause there not considered NKY teams even though there in the same region just like Simon Kenton and Walton Verona are in the 8th with the other teams down south. Everybody justs wants a little love for there team and I see where the people from Gallatin Co are coming from but its not just your region that leaves out other teams who might be having a good year also.

Ive got another example.... Just looking through the NKY teams, I know they religned the regions and districts but look at Brossart, there considered a NKY team but look at the tenth region. Teams like Montgomery Co., Paris, Harrison Co, GRC just to name a few. When people do these rankings Brossart is usually in them but you dont see any of those other teams in there???? Cause there not considered NKY teams even though there in the same region just like Simon Kenton and Walton Verona are in the 8th with the other teams down south. Everybody justs wants a little love for there team and I see where the people from Gallatin Co are coming from but its not just your region that leaves out other teams who might be having a good year also.

 

Why do we look at it any other way than region? That is what counts.

I see your point but if thats the case then why isnt every team in the 8th that is really good why arent they talked about in this discussion? Why isnt Anderson Co or Owen Co talked about in this conversation? What about Montgomery Co who is ranked number one in the 10th why arent they ranked in this discussion?????

Gallatin must have a potent offense, they post big numbers night after night. Who are their leading scorers?

 

Sparta seems a long way from home to me.

GCHS is located in Warsaw. And its probably closer to you than Campbell Co..

I'm not arguing your point I'm just trying to make some sense of it. There are several teams that are in the 8th region who are geographically a lot closer to most of the schools in the NCKC than Walton who are not in the NCKC. I just don't think that Henry Co Trimble Co Carroll Co. Owen Co. exactly surround Walton Verona. Simon Kenton is in the 8th region and not in the NCKC as far as proximity to Walton. I just am curious as to what the benefit was for Walton.

 

You have to look at the big picture for Walton. In some sports playing in the NCKC they can compete with the schools in the conference which is most sports. Not trying to knock the NCKC.

You have to look at the big picture for Walton. In some sports playing in the NCKC they can compete with the schools in the conference which is most sports. Not trying to knock the NCKC.
I hear what your saying and understand the thought process. However there are more schools within a half hour of Walton which they could compete against year and year out than are in the NCKC all together. I just don't think it makes any sense at all.

SK & Walton always considered when talking about N. Ky teams because they use to be in 9th region. Teams like Grant, W-Town, & Gallatin always been 8th region so usually not in the N. Ky discussion.

  • Author

Updated rankings..

 

1--NDA

2--Conner

3--NCC

4--Highlands

5--Simon Kenton

6--Walton

7--Boone Cty

8--Brossart

9--Ryle

10-Holy Cross

Updated rankings..

 

1--NDA

2--Conner

3--NCC

4--Highlands

5--Simon Kenton

6--Walton

7--Boone Cty

8--Brossart

9--Ryle

10-Holy Cross

 

I would move Simon Kenton to #2 and drop Walton Verona to #9. They are a different team without Sandlin.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.