Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BigZig Ranks NKY

Featured Replies

Well if a team is not usually considered a top team then not to much is said but since Gallatin is having a good year this year thats where the statement "out of the blue" would come in. Im not saying there not having a really good year and they do have some good wins but a really good program will do that year in and year out. I think its great there having success and I hope they continue it. Your not stirring the pot your just supporting your team and thats a good thing! This sight is just alot of peoples different opinions and everyone has a different one.

  • Replies 123
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't agree, but at least your reason is not disrespectful. The Enquirer used to think like you, refusing to post game scores reported by Gallatin, until recently. They now gladly take the reported scores. I assume they are trying to gain some eyeballs.

 

Perhaps now that it is on my radar I can pick up a game at Walton or SK and check them out. I always enjoy watching good teams.

I think the rankings are pretty close with having alot of talented teams in NKY but I did look at Gallatin County's results up to this point and its not to bad at all but you also have Anderson Co. In front of you and thats one team you wont be able to get around. I think its great Gallatin is having a great year.... But if someone out of the blue has a good season and wants attention then it needs to be done year after year after year then Im assuming they will start throwing Gallatin Co in the mix. Thats just how it is.

 

Have to come to my friends from the 8th region defense. When the Speedway has a race why is that considered Northern Ky? Isn't that in Gallatin Co?

 

I took a look at the KHSAA scoreboard. 22-9 last year region appearance. The year before 17-10 region appearance and I went back for about 5 years and didnt see a losing season. 2009 won the 8th region all A. Then won the opening round in Richmond. That doesnt look like out of the blue sucess to me. I do agree this year they are having a great year at 10-2 with wins of Connor and Cooper from Northern Ky.

I cannot wait to see them face Simon Kenton later this year.

You are also right Anderson is in everyones way in the 8th. In talking to people from Gallatin it is more about the kids and them getting exposure they deserve as much as any other kid in the state. Gallatin is not Louisville, Lexington and has been shut out of Northern Ky in recent years until appearantly now since I am seeing scores in the Enquirer and Post.

Gallatin must have a potent offense, they post big numbers night after night. Who are their leading scorers?

 

Sparta seems a long way from home to me.

Just about 20 minutes south of Ryle.

 

Did some more research on the KHSAA website.

Leading scorers Brooke and Hannah Dossett at about 17 ppg each.

I think those rankings are pretty close. I know Highlands and ND play soon and the winner of that should be number one. I wouldnt have a problem if either Highlands, ND or Conner was considered the number one team in nky. All three teams are deserving of it. It will be one heck of a 9th region tournament at the end of the season!

 

That will be a good one.

 

Breds an Birds play Friday in Ft.Thomas.

1--Highlands

2--NDA

3--Conner

4--NCC

5--Brossart

6--Simon Kenton

7--Walton Verona

8--Boone Cty

9--Ryle

10-Holy Cross

 

Thoughts? Comments?

 

I agree so much parity makes it fun and hard to predict. I usually stay out of this but I will take a try.

 

1) Simon Kenton- played Bowling Green tough who is top 5 in the state.

2) Notre Dame- 2 D1 athletes

3) Highlands- if healthy if not they drop.

4*) Gallatin Co- There ya go FBD and Mack. Beat Connor on neutral floor.

5) Connor- wins over NCC and Boone

6) Walton- Would be in the top 2 if not for Sandlins injury

7) NCC- nice win over Montomery Co, Lex Cath and Brossart

8) Brossart- Has played some good teams close

9) Holy Cross- Beat Boone but needs another quality win.

10) Boone- A tad above Ryle

Gallatin definitely belongs on this list ahead of both Boone and Ryle. SK should also be higher. I would like to see Holy Cross tested.

What about Gallatin? Oops.....I forgot that most folks in Boone County do not realize how close Gallatin is to them :sssh:.

 

If folks want to say NKY, they need to include some of the teams in the NCKC. Gallatin, Owen & Grant perhaps. Even Richard Skinner gave the Lady Wildcats some love.......hard to believe.

 

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20121231/SPT0302/312310096/All-Classic-tournaments-approach

 

paNDA, The LadyCats have quite a few girls playing AAU and that experience has paid big dividends in Warsaw. We're headed down soon for a girls game. You're more than welcome to join us and see what they are all about.

 

They will also play Holmes at home this year.

  • Author

Didn't mean to offend my friends from Gallatin Cty or other outlying areas but I suppose I should have said ranking the schools in the NKAC.

Didn't mean to offend my friends from Gallatin Cty or other outlying areas but I suppose I should have said ranking the schools in the NKAC.
No offense taken. Just wanted to poke fun at folks that do not consider Gallatin as part of NKY.

Carving out NKY is pretty tough, we should just stick with 8th, 9th and 10th. Much more defined. Looking at the map I can see why Gallatin would be NKY along with several others.

kentucky-county-map[1].gif

Edited by paNDA

Didn't mean to offend my friends from Gallatin Cty or other outlying areas but I suppose I should have said ranking the schools in the NKAC.

 

To make things more confusing...If you were only ranking NKAC, then you have to leave Walton Verona out of your rankings. Technically, they are not in the NKAC. They are only in the NKHSGBCA, which includes all the teams from the NKAC and one from the NCKC. (Walton Verona) :idunno:

Carving out NKY is pretty tough, we should just stick with 8th, 9th and 10th. Much more defined. Looking at the map I can see why Gallatin would be NKY along with several others.
Good homework.

It would be nice to have Gallatin play against all the bigs in the Ninth. Sounds like they could hold their own. I would like to see NDA, Walton and Gallatin join the Conner xmas tourney next year and make it an even stronger local field. The out of town teams already think they get homered in this event. To me traveling out of town with the team the week after Christmas was always a downer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.