Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stubbs and Didi for Choo?

Featured Replies

@DKnobler: "Reds deep in talks on deal to acquire Shin-Soo Choo from Indians for Stubbs and Gregorius."

 

I like it. What say you?

  • Replies 81
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE IT!!! I was just getting ready to post this.

I just now seen it. Looks like the Reds would receive someone else but no name was given. This would be huge of the Reds if they can be pull it off

  • Author

Only under contract for one year, but if they're convinced Hamilton will be the CF/leadoff man of the future, that's the perfect bridge....Would be a great trade IMO.

I like Choo, don't love him. But I hate Drew Stubbs, and they don't really need Didi. So in that case...yes, please.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

 

Source describes Indians-Reds talks on Choo as “forward-moving.”

  • Author

Has a career slash of .289/.381/.465., a WAR last season of 5.6, which was 10th best in the AL.

 

Only downside is he's played a grand total of 10 games in CF in his career and none since 2009.

He's not the greatest in the field and you have to wonder if they try to move Bruce to CF and let Choo stay and RF if it happens. The upgrade at the plate is well worth it IMO.

1. Choo 2. Phillips 3. Votto 4. Ludwick 5. Bruce 6. Frazier 7. Cozart 8. Hanigan/Mez

 

 

I can live with that.

  • Author
He's not the greatest in the field and you have to wonder if they try to move Bruce to CF and let Choo stay and RF if it happens. The upgrade at the plate is well worth it IMO.

 

I think you steer clear of moving Bruce because you don't want to jeopardize impacting his production at the plate. Choo is more of a contact spray hitter that probably wouldn't be negatively impacted by a move.

  • Author
1. Choo 2. Phillips 3. Votto 4. Ludwick 5. Bruce 6. Frazier 7. Cozart 8. Hanigan/Mez

 

 

I can live with that.

 

I don't see any glaring weakness to that lineup.

Not only do I not see glaring weaknesses, that lineup looks scary good. Frazier and Cozart were at the top of the lineup for a 97 win team for a lot of the year. And now they're 6th and 7th....

So basically we are trading 6 years of Didi and three years of Stubbs for one year of Choo?

So basically we are trading 6 years of Didi and three years of Stubbs for one year of Choo?

 

 

1. Stubbs sucks

 

2. Where is Did going to play? Didi has a career minor league average of .271 and hit .243 last year at AAA. Who knows when he will be ready and he is blocked by Cozart.

1. Stubbs sucks

 

2. Where is Did going to play?

 

Didn't say I didn't like. I'm just asking if that is correct. Choo will be a free agent correct? It will give Hamilton one more year in the minors.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.