Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brossart vs Newport Catholic Feb 1

Featured Replies

I was speaking with a BBHS supporter and he mentioned that the Feb 1 game with NCC was being played at Brossart this year. Although it's early, with both teams playing well, does it not make sence to try and play the game at the Campbell Co middle school? I admit that I have no idea what all this involves, however this move would accomodate 4 or 5 times the number of fans. Just wondering!!

I was speaking with a BBHS supporter and he mentioned that the Feb 1 game with NCC was being played at Brossart this year. Although it's early, with both teams playing well, does it not make sence to try and play the game at the Campbell Co middle school? I admit that I have no idea what all this involves, however this move would accomodate 4 or 5 times the number of fans. Just wondering!!

 

I would completely agree, that would be a good move. :thumb: Not sure if BBHS would consider that though and give up playing on their home court.

I would completely agree, that would be a good move. :thumb: Not sure if BBHS would consider that though and give up playing on their home court.

Only if NCC would agree to play it there on an annual basis.

Only if NCC would agree to play it there on an annual basis.

 

Would a school rather have more money at the gate but have to share with CCMS or be able to keep gate and concessions?

That's a big gate for either school to give up. I can't imagine NewCath would give that up.

No need for NewCath to move it from their place it holds enough people. BB is tiny and an awful gym!!!!! You wait forever just to try to get in then there is nowhere to sit. They really need to upgrade the gym.

No need for NewCath to move it from their place it holds enough people. BB is tiny and an awful gym!!!!! You wait forever just to try to get in then there is nowhere to sit. They really need to upgrade the gym.

 

Then don't come. More room for the Brossart faithful.

I was speaking with a BBHS supporter and he mentioned that the Feb 1 game with NCC was being played at Brossart this year. Although it's early, with both teams playing well, does it not make sence to try and play the game at the Campbell Co middle school? I admit that I have no idea what all this involves, however this move would accomodate 4 or 5 times the number of fans. Just wondering!!

 

Lets go bigger......Bank of Kentucky Center, the best game that floor would see to that date. :lol: If thats not available why not Regents Hall.

No need for NewCath to move it from their place it holds enough people. BB is tiny and an awful gym!!!!! You wait forever just to try to get in then there is nowhere to sit. They really need to upgrade the gym.

 

Five exclamation points? You're awfully passionate about the SyDome.

 

 

You don't have to go there if it's so awful. I love the atmosphere at Brossart's gym. Probably biased, but obviously you are too.

Heard presale tickets go on sale tomorrow.:D

Heard presale tickets go on sale tomorrow.:D

 

I've got some stoogies standing in line already, going to put them on Ebay and Stub Hub. :lol:

No need for NewCath to move it from their place it holds enough people. BB is tiny and an awful gym!!!!! You wait forever just to try to get in then there is nowhere to sit. They really need to upgrade the gym.

 

Seriously?? Have you ever been to a BB game? I've seen some packed houses, and even know of some times they've had to add some auxiliary seats in the cafeteria; but "wait forever just to try to get in"--Doubtful.

 

On a serious note, this would be interesting to see this game moved to a neutral & larger arena? Lots of interest, often very competitive, great rivalry; and both settings have their shortcomings--BB's is size and NCC's is the awful floor in the winter, having caused more than a few ugly, slippery games and even a couple cancellations.

BOK would be a great site every year. Why not make it a full blown affair with girls and boys playing the same day. Maybe make all proceeds go to a Catholic charity each year. That is something I would get behind for sure. And for what its worth I have never had a problem getting into a game at BBHS and its really not that much smaller than NCC. Try showing up a little bit earlier.

  • Author
Only if NCC would agree to play it there on an annual basis.

 

Mustang, I usually find your posts to be reasonable but this time it's pretty lame. I am a Brossart fan myself. CCMS is BBHS's home away from home anyway. It's about allowing many more fans to enjoy a great game, not to mention a larger gate and concessions. Brossart has finally gotten their program to a very respectable level, one that many people would like to follow, and they can't get in the gym.

  • Author
Lets go bigger......Bank of Kentucky Center, the best game that floor would see to that date. :lol: If thats not available why not Regents Hall.

 

Years ago BBHS and Campbell Co started their crosstown game which has been a hugh success. ( I know, I was in the Brossart Boosters Club at the time) Why not start an annual Campbell Co Catholic Cup game complete with travleing trophy? Mel Webster is a teriffic organizer!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.