Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper/Bowling Green 5A State Championship (Predictions)

Who you got? 77 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you got?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 90
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking Bowling Green because I am biased. Great defense. Great offense. Nacarius Fant. I graduated from BG. I'm taking BG.

This very well could be the best game of the weekend. Next year is the year BG was supposed to be back in the finals but low and behold here they are one year early. I'm not going to play this up as a David vs Goliath miracle like Hellbird will. I've been in the football forum long enough to know how good Cooper is. How they just as easily could have been a 1 seed. How they are playing the role of the 'Road Warriors'. I expect a tight close game between two very stout defenses. I'm looking forward to it.

Save all of that Hoosier nonsense. I expect Cooper to win the BGP poll. :lol: Hoosiers. :lol: :lol:

  • Author

How many kids go both ways for BG?

How many kids go both ways for BG?

 

Not sure but I believe 0. I haven't seen them live since last year but it is my understanding they two platoon also.

Cooper 21 BG 17

  • Author
Not sure but I believe 0. I haven't seen them live since last year but it is my understanding they two platoon also.

 

If this is the case I am going with BG in this one. Cooper has a ton of kids that go both ways. When your playing a team that is as talented as BG I don't think it is a good sign for Cooper when your best players are playing the whole game. BG will wear the Jags down in the second half and pull away in the end. With that being said I still want the Jags to bring back the 5A Championship to NKy.....GO JAGS!!!

Save all of that Hoosier nonsense. I expect Cooper to win the BGP poll. :lol: Hoosiers. :lol: :lol:

Wow, I really got under your skin with that comment didn't I? Lol. So much that you brought it into another thread and made numerous posts about it.

 

Say what you will, it's fine with me. You claiming it wouldn't be an upset if Cooper won is fine, but then why did you pick BG to win? Kind of funny if you ask me.

 

Me on the other hand know how big of an upset it would be so I am picking BG to win.

 

But miracles can happen.....Go Jags!!!!!!!!

 

HOOSIERS KY STYLE!!!! :thumb: :banana:

Wow, I really got under your skin with that comment didn't I? Lol. So much that you brought it into another thread and made numerous posts about it.

 

Say what you will, it's fine with me. You claiming it wouldn't be an upset if Cooper won is fine, but then why did you pick BG to win? Kind of funny if you ask me.

 

Me on the other hand know how big of an upset it would be so I am picking BG to win.

 

 

No. I am laughing at the assumption that it a Hoosiers type miracle. This is more Oregon/Stanford at Oregon type upset from last week.

 

Why undersell how good Cooper is?

 

 

See post #2 to the answer of your question. Here's a hint as to why I pick BG to win. My BGP handle.

No. I am laughing at the assumption that it a Hoosiers type miracle. This is more Oregon/Stanford at Oregon type upset from last week.

 

Why undersell how good Cooper is?

 

 

See post #2 to the answer of your question. Here's a hint as to why I pick BG to win. My BGP handle.

You know what I meant by the upset thing. If you are comparing upsets, this wouldn't be like the Stanford oregan upset, Stanford already beat a top ranked team in the country at the time when they beat USC.

 

Cooper is good, maxpreps is one of the few sites that actually ranked them fair all season. On here, just a couple weeks ago a lot of people on here had Conner ranked higher than Cooper. So to say I'm making thismallmup is ridiculous. I understand you giving Cooper a bunch of credit be ause you want to ease the blow of any possible upset to your BG team and all, but your BG team has been ranked 2nd all season behind one of the best teams in the entire country Trinity. You think it would be no big deal if Cooper who wasn't even ranked in the top 10 in just this area 4 months ago would go on and beat the 2nd best team in the entire state?

 

come on now, you can underplay it all you want but you can't name another upset that would be this big if Cooper pulled it off in ky football championships recently.

Bowling Green has had to fight much more this year than they did last year, but I believe you've seen why they're a championship team. Even when pushed, and even when flat outplayed, they find a way to win. And I believe they will again this week.

You know what I meant by the upset thing. If you are comparing upsets, this wouldn't be like the Stanford oregan upset, Stanford already beat a top ranked team in the country at the time when they beat USC.

 

Cooper is good, maxpreps is one of the few sites that actually ranked them fair all season. On here, just a couple weeks ago a lot of people on here had Conner ranked higher than Cooper. So to say I'm making thismallmup is ridiculous. I understand you giving Cooper a bunch of credit be ause you want to ease the blow of any possible upset to your BG team and all, but your BG team has been ranked 2nd all season behind one of the best teams in the entire country Trinity. You think it would be no big deal if Cooper who wasn't even ranked in the top 10 in just this area 4 months ago would go on and beat the 2nd best team in the entire state?

 

come on now, you can underplay it all you want but you can't name another upset that would be this big if Cooper pulled it off in ky football championships recently.

 

Cooper was top 10 in the 5A BGP poll all year. You said all year Cooper was top 5 in 5A all year. Now you want to act like Cooper should just be happy to be there? Whatever, big guy. I never said BG wasn't or shouldn't be the favorite. Just don't act like Cooper found a magic genie lamp the last week of October and made a wish to make it to the state final game. I know how you really feel. :lol:

Cooper was top 10 in the 5A BGP poll all year. You said all year Cooper was top 5 in 5A all year. Now you want to act like Cooper should just be happy to be there? Whatever, big guy. I never said BG wasn't or shouldn't be the favorite. Just don't act like Cooper found a magic genie lamp the last week of October and made a wish to make it to the state final game. I know how you really feel. :lol:

I'm a cooper fan and knew how good they could be from the start. I was talking about what the outsiders said about Cooper all year.

 

Read all my posts, it was about what others thought about Cooper

 

Shoot there were many on here that said they shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

 

That is what I talked about.

 

Yes you are right, it is different from Hoosiers not being a little school taking on a big school thing. But BG was favored from the beginning of the year to win state and Cooper wasn't even mentioned in that game. Many on here said they couldn't even win a playoff game.

 

That is why I said it would be a huge upset if they beat BG.

 

Shoot, I didn't even think they would go this far, and I am one of the biggest Cooper homers on this site. I'm just thrilled that the boys even have the opportunity to play in this game. There are millions of kids across the country that never get this opportunity and millions of us old timers that never got to taste a state championship game. I think it's awesome.

I'm a cooper fan and knew how good they could be from the start. I was talking about what the outsiders said about Cooper all year.

 

Read all my posts, it was about what others thought about Cooper

 

Shoot there were many on here that said they shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

 

That is what I talked about.

 

Yes you are right, it is different from Hoosiers not being a little school taking on a big school thing. But BG was favored from the beginning of the year to win state and Cooper wasn't even mentioned in that game. Many on here said they couldn't even win a playoff game.

 

That is why I said it would be a huge upset if they beat BG.

 

I just think it would be an upset but not a huge upset. Maybe not even an upset. Anyone who has followed high school football in 5A shouldn't be surprised by the two teams representing the 5A state final game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.