Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Obama care question

Featured Replies

What happens to charities like St. Jude? If everyone has health insurance, then why would you need these charities to help cover cost of medical needs?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone has (free, no charge) health insurance? No. The law requires to have insurance and pay for the insurance. So people will still need help. Maybe even more.

 

Also, given the deductibles of any plan people will still help. If you can not cover the detectable of your government mandated plan did your really get anything out of this law?

  • Author
Everyone has (free, no charge) health insurance? No. The law requires to have insurance and pay for the insurance. So people will still need help. Maybe even more.

 

Also, given the deductibles of any plan people will still help. If you can not cover the detectable of your government mandated plan did your really get anything out of this law?

 

Do you think people, companies , will be as generous if they are paying more for insurance ? Heck, you have businesses that are cutting back and or closing because of Obamacare. Just wondering if these charities are going to really suffer or not exist because of it. St. Judes is huge and I am sure it will continue , however some of the smaller charities may really suffer.

Do you think people, companies , will be as generous if they are paying more for insurance ? Heck, you have businesses that are cutting back and or closing because of Obamacare. Just wondering if these charities are going to really suffer or not exist because of it. St. Judes is huge and I am sure it will continue , however some of the smaller charities may really suffer.

 

Honestly, a lot of businesses were getting killed by the spike in insurance costs that took place some 10-12 years ago (I still wonder how much of a player 9/11 was in that). I'm of the opinion that people are misplacing their ire in this argument by not targeting the scrummy insurance industry.

Do you think people, companies , will be as generous if they are paying more for insurance ? Heck, you have businesses that are cutting back and or closing because of Obamacare. Just wondering if these charities are going to really suffer or not exist because of it. St. Judes is huge and I am sure it will continue , however some of the smaller charities may really suffer.

 

I would bet donations are down just due to the general worsening economic conditions. I am not sure the cost of insurance will keep those who give from giving....as long as they still have job that is still earning something similar to what it has in the past.

 

But the point that government mandated 'charity' is competing with regular 'charity' is a good point - assuming that is where you are going.

Honestly, a lot of businesses were getting killed by the spike in insurance costs that took place some 10-12 years ago (I still wonder how much of a player 9/11 was in that). I'm of the opinion that people are misplacing their ire in this argument by not targeting the scrummy insurance industry.

 

Just wait 'til we get some scrummy government insurance.

Just wait 'til we get some scrummy government insurance.

 

I've been getting reamed by the "competitive open market" for insurance for decades. I'm willing to give something else a try. I would like to see more transportability across state lines and better pooling options made available, especially for small businesses. I'm not generally a deregulation kind of guy, but in the insurance industry it is desperately needed.

I've been getting reamed by the "competitive open market" for insurance for decades. I'm willing to give something else a try. I would like to see more transportability across state lines and better pooling options made available, especially for small businesses. I'm not generally a deregulation kind of guy, but in the insurance industry it is desperately needed.

 

I can follow you on this one. But the unfortunate thing is when gov't finds a revenue source (whether good or bad) it never goes away.

I can follow you on this one. But the unfortunate thing is when gov't finds a revenue source (whether good or bad) it never goes away.

 

Yeah, like the insurance lobby, which wants everything just like it was.

Also, do we know how the insurance field will do? I mean obviously this has to hurt them somewhat, right? So how does that effect the job market as far as insurance goes (sales/marketing/advertising/agents)? I'm upset with myself, I was hanging out with a guy who owns an insurance company today. I think he would have been able to answer this.

 

. I would like to see more transportability across state lines and better pooling options made available, especially for small businesses. I'm not generally a deregulation kind of guy, but in the insurance industry it is desperately needed.

 

Bingo!

I've been getting reamed by the "competitive open market" for insurance for decades. I'm willing to give something else a try. I would like to see more transportability across state lines and better pooling options made available, especially for small businesses. I'm not generally a deregulation kind of guy, but in the insurance industry it is desperately needed.
See, you are a conservative!!!!!
Also, do we know how the insurance field will do?

 

Wouldn't this HELP the insurance industry?

Wouldn't this HELP the insurance industry?

 

 

If you look at the stock market (which I know you do Clyde), you are right. One of the sectors most say is a growth area is healthcare. If you look at it that way, the new law appears to be good for the industry.

 

As to St. Jude's, it seems like they might be able to do even more. Depending on the type of health plan, patient needs, etc., I can see people still needing help in intensive medical need situations. It is a good question Henry. I am interested in seeing how St. Judes, Shriners, and other charitable providers reshape their mission under the new law.

Wouldn't this HELP the insurance industry?
In the long run, in my opinion, it will destroy the insurance industry, except for the biggest insurance company in the US, our own Federal Govt.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.