Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 62 Paintsville 58

Featured Replies

Hey, My Addidas and King James where are you at? You've been running your mouth all season about your mighty tigers and I've yet to hear from you. I would love to hear your perspective about the game or are you all out of words and excuses?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a really good high school basketball game. Big win for the Eagles. I have seen a lot of post on here lately giving the officials down the road. I must say that I thought that they did a really good job tonight. Of course they are always going to miss one or two, but IMO it was a very consistant game. A great game to watch tonight. Can't wait till next time! I hope my Tigers can pull the next one out!

Hey, My Addidas and King James where are you at? You've been running your mouth all season about your mighty tigers and I've yet to hear from you. I would love to hear your perspective about the game or are you all out of words and excuses?
:thumb:
Hey, My Addidas and King James where are you at? You've been running your mouth all season about your mighty tigers and I've yet to hear from you. I would love to hear your perspective about the game or are you all out of words and excuses?[/quoteCongrats to the Eagles. I did pick Paintsville to win but I also said Rice was the X factor. He had a big game. Nice win for the Eagles. No excuses here. Be easy on me guys. I make these forums interesting for the readers. Again, congrats and see you next month. :D

I really have to hand it to Coach Starns. He did a wonderful coaching job. He coached so that they would have the opportunity to win this game in the end they were able to. I agree with an earlier poster that neither team look to have hit their potential yet ( hopefully we can do that in the tourney), but a great game and a great atmosphere.

It was also said that Landon Slone from Paintsville went over the 1,000 point mark for his career. Congratulations Landon!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

 

Congratulations to the young man for marking a significant milestone in his career.

I really have to hand it to Coach Starns. He did a wonderful coaching job. He coached so that they would have the opportunity to win this game in the end they were able to. I agree with an earlier poster that neither team look to have hit their potential yet ( hopefully we can do that in the tourney), but a great game and a great atmosphere.
Don't all coaches coach so they have an opportunity to win? :D

How are Paintsville and Central's J.V. and Freshmen teams doing this year? Is Paintsville able to have a J.V. team with so many Soph's playing up and the school so small?

Don't all coaches coach so they have an opportunity to win? :D

 

I believe he was referring to the way he changed the style of basketball that Johnson Central usually plays. This was the first time I can remember that Coach Starns slowed down the game. I was questioning that decision at the time...but that is the reason he is the coach and I am not. Turned out to be a great strategy.

Was JD VanHoose 100% in this game? I really felt bad for him. He just couldn't seem to get anything going. He is usually a force on the basketball court but really struggled the entire game. I was just wondering if he had been ill. With all of the sickness that has been going around.

One of the best rivalries in the state in many sports. Does anyone have the wins and loses against each other.

As of last night Paintsville holds a one game lead in the all-time series (47-46)!

Good Win for Johnson Central.....sounds like a great game

Sounds like Starns did a great job! He seems to be a very nice guy to boot.

 

Also: Mike Walker, Wendell Wallen, and Todd Duff are all three top officials in the 15th region. It's good to see such a premier game get the best officials. Glad to hear they did well.

How are Paintsville and Central's J.V. and Freshmen teams doing this year? Is Paintsville able to have a J.V. team with so many Soph's playing up and the school so small?

I think Paintsville has pretty much vested all their effort into this group of sophmores. They don't play in a middle school conference nor do they have a freshmen schedule. I guess it's a numbers thing. IMO if Coach Runyon is planning on riding out with this group he should give his successor a year with them... If not the next guy will be in trouble. Having success in your first year will get you established. Don't know anything about JC's JV/freshmen situation. I do know they had a nice middle school team last year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.