Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A very good coach may be available

Featured Replies

As a byproduct of the Joker Phillips firing at KY, there is a high likelihood that the rest of the staff goes with him. Included in that staff is one of Kentucky's most successful high school football coaches in Chuck Smith. Coach Smith has likely banked a lot more in the last 8 yrs than he had opportunity to do in the past, and as such could choose to go back to the high school ranks and not chase college money. He may also have college options (and the $$ that go with it) available. His status in the KY pension system may also factor in his future.

 

For purposes of this forum it will be interesting to hear 1. If anyone has any insight. 2. If Coach wanted to get back into high school, where might he end up.

 

As I have no insight into his options I will throw out that Chuck Smith at St. X is a game changer.

 

As I have no insight into his options I will throw out that Chuck Smith at St. X is a game changer.

 

Wil Wolford was tabbed as St. X's coach two months ago.

Just talking about this yesterday, who would pull the trigger and cut their coach lose to take a shot at Chuck!

 

I think IF he decides to coach HS again he will be very picky about where he goes.

 

Pulaski Southwestern would be a good pick...good support, decent facilities, 5A school and a very good feeder program.

Chuck could make them a contender within a couple of years in my opinion.

Rumors around my area...Boyle County, Mercer County area.....again....RUMORS!!!!!

 

Mercer County rumors.....

 

Coach Smith will join Pardue's staff as an assistant.

 

 

Boyle County rumors....

 

This is Coach French's last season and if that rumor is true then Boyle will go hard after Coach Smith.

 

 

My personal belief....if Coach Smith is not at UK then I can see him heading to South Warren to be around his son Brandon Smith who I believe is a coach there.

It would be great for who ever gets him and great for Kentucky High School Football!!!

I could see Chuck at Western KY as an assistant.

He would be an asset to WKU or more especially ANY high school program!

I don't believe Coach Smith would be an assistant coach at any high school.

We could use him here in Clark Co......

 

You need a new super and BOE first, then worry about a new coach.

I don't believe Coach Smith would be an assistant coach at any high school.

 

I don't think he would either but at the same time you never know. I can see him making an exception for his good friend Pardue or the chance to coach with his son.

Why can't he stay at UK? He coaches LBs, correct? They've had very good MLBs the past few seasons. It's about the only bright spot for the program.

Why can't he stay at UK? He coaches LBs, correct? They've had very good MLBs the past few seasons. It's about the only bright spot for the program.

 

He very well could stay, he does alot for HS in KY as well. I know he has been super for the MS coaches with their camps and 7on7 tournaments. Maybe doesnt seem like something, but trust me kids remember that stuff later on down the road.

Why can't he stay at UK? He coaches LBs, correct? They've had very good MLBs the past few seasons. It's about the only bright spot for the program.

 

Who makes that decision? UK? The next head coach? Or Chuck Smith?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.