Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NewCath/Beechwood Predictions

Who wins? 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • NewCath
      54%
      32
    • Beechwood
      45%
      27

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Beechwood wins this by a point. Nussbaum is a stud, as long as the Beechies can contain Hayes they will keep it close enough to win.

 

Beechwood- 34

NCC- 33

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NewCath has NEVER beaten Beechwood in the regular season and won the state title.

 

Hopefully the Tigers can help send the Breds in the right direction toward another title. :D

NewCath has NEVER beaten Beechwood in the regular season and won the state title.

 

This is the year!

This is the year!

 

I sure hope so. I don't know what hex they have on us, but we'be got to break it. We have to make the crucial plays thatthe Tigers always seem to make.

I don't get what it is with this game, the loser is always so pumped/prepared for the playoffs, it's ridiculous, and the winner usually doesn't do much in the playoffs. This is as close of a matchup as it has been in the past decade, and I'm going to take NCC in a very close one. This game usually comes down to the wire, and the team that performs in the clutch will win this game. The fact this year's seniors still remember Vocke's controversial TD at Newport, and then last year, with Hightchew getting hurt in the game, has left a hunger in them to beat BW, I will tell you. And as well, if you are not familiar with this rivalry, head out and see this game, the two teams always play hard and full of emotion.

New Cath is healthy now and playing well. I think they will surprise folks and win this game by 2 touchdowns.

Newport Catholic 21-14.

NewCath must make Nusbaum beat them w/ his arm. They must maintain disciplined pass rush lanes. If he gets a little space, it could be six. If they make Beechwood throw it 20+ times, I like their chances.

NewCath must make Nusbaum beat them w/ his arm. They must maintain disciplined pass rush lanes. If he gets a little space, it could be six. If they make Beechwood throw it 20+ times, I like their chances.

 

There is nothing I can think of on the face of this Earth that would cause Beechwood to throw the ball 20 times. New Cath up by 4 TD's, Beechwood would still be more running focused. I would like to see how many times they have thrown 10+ passes in the past 10 years. I am not knocking it. That is just the way it is. But I have no doubt that you are right - if Beechwood for some reason throws 20+ passes, it will be a good sign for NCC.

 

Nussbaum is getting better throwing it. NCC is going to get a flashback to the Brady Hightchew style QB in this game - a QB who will beat you with his feet more than his arm. Nuss isn't near the skill level Hightchew was at throwing it by the time his senior year rolled around, but Nuss is getting there fast. The good news for Beechwood is Nussbaum is finally very close to 100% with his knee and he is explosive running the ball. Two weeks ago versus Dayton is the first game where he looked to be close to having his speed and explosiveness back.

There is nothing I can think of on the face of this Earth that would cause Beechwood to throw the ball 20 times. New Cath up by 4 TD's, Beechwood would still be more running focused. I would like to see how many times they have thrown 10+ passes in the past 10 years. I am not knocking it. That is just the way it is. But I have no doubt that you are right - if Beechwood for some reason throws 20+ passes, it will be a good sign for NCC.

 

Nussbaum is getting better throwing it. NCC is going to get a flashback to the Brady Hightchew style QB in this game - a QB who will beat you with his feet more than his arm. Nuss isn't near the skill level Hightchew was at throwing it by the time his senior year rolled around, but Nuss is getting there fast. The good news for Beechwood is Nussbaum is finally very close to 100% with his knee and he is explosive running the ball. Two weeks ago versus Dayton is the first game where he looked to be close to having his speed and explosiveness back.

 

A guy can hope. 12-15 will be the barometer of how NewCath's run defense is looking. It is supposed to rain, which will hinder the passing game a bit. Cain has a strong arm, and Franzen is a matchup nightmare, so hindering that benefits Beechwood's d. I really like how Hayes has come out to play the past few weeks. I will say this, if Beechwood beats NewCath, they'll beat NewCath at as full strength as a team can be at this time of year. They will have earned it.

What's the opinion on the freshman New Cath has running the ball with Hayes and Meyers? It seems it's all common now for a freshman to play up in varsity football.

  • Author
What's the opinion on the freshman New Cath has running the ball with Hayes and Meyers? It seems it's all common now for a freshman to play up in varsity football.

Well in most cases I think it is too early for a freshmen to playing varsity but with Smith he compliments the running game he only sees a couple of touchs a game.

That's nice to have. I have yet to see any of their games so I was wondering if he was running the ball or watching the game from the sidelines?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.