Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jackson City 57 Greenup Co 50

Featured Replies

Nip and tuck game all the way. Howard was injured for several minutes in the 4th and had to come out. Tigers stepped it up and played well until he could return. This was a very physical game. Jackson played excellent team ball that helped them come out on top of this battle. Jackson's defense was much better here than it was in their first game against Greenup. Hats off to Greenup, they are a very good team both on offense and defense. They get in your face for the entire 32 minutes. Good win Tigers!

Good job Jackson City. Can't wait for the Lee/Jackson City match up in the first round of the All "A".

It was a great game. The Tigers stepped up and made some key free throws late in the game and I thought juniors Michael Watkins and Dustin Kilburn played great games . Greenup Co is a good team, but I was disappointed in their coach's and player's attitudes. Anyway, congrats to the Tigers on a big win and their 9-5 record.

  • Author
Any stats on this one?

Jackson City:

K Howard 17, Kilburn 14, Fugate 8, Davidson 8, Thompson 4, Watkins 3, C.K. Howard 3

 

Greenup:

Bradley 16, Tharp 8, Ty Wright 7, Tr Wright 5, Riley 6, Brown 4, Wolfenbarker 2, Perry 2

 

Great defensive game on both sides.

It was a great game. The Tigers stepped up and made some key free throws late in the game and I thought juniors Michael Watkins and Dustin Kilburn played great games . Greenup Co is a good team, but I was disappointed in their coach's and player's attitudes. Anyway, congrats to the Tigers on a big win and their 9-5 record.

I wasn't at the game, but I've seen Coach Hicks in action before, so I know where you are coming from. Did he get any technicals?

I'm a little surprised at this one, but JC has a good team! Congrats!

These two teams played earlier in Dec. with J.C. getting hammered at Green-up 79-52. Does changing the place at which teams play have a 27 point difference?? WHO officiated from the 14th in this game?

I wasn't at the game, but I've seen Coach Hicks in action before, so I know where you are coming from. Did he get any technicals?

 

I know he got one for complaining to the refs a lot. I also heard that after the game, he was still complaining about the calls and the "bad officiating". IMO, I think the Tigers just outplayed the Musketeers in this one.

Jackson City is a different team right now. They have gotten better with time. No doubt. Good win here.

The game was very physical Watkins and Davidson both jawed with the Greenup county players the whole game Watkins i pretty sure was almost throwed out but seniors Fugate and Thompson calmed him down. Tempers were high but like i said in the predicitons column i knew these players would get revenge on the musketers.

These two teams played earlier in Dec. with J.C. getting hammered at Green-up 79-52. Does changing the place at which teams play have a 27 point difference?? WHO officiated from the 14th in this game?

That can work both ways. Maybe the 14th officials simply called a fair and balanced game.

 

Maybe the game at Greenup County shouldn't have been no more than a 7 point win either, and the 16th officials might have leaned more than a little for Greenup to make it much worse. I don't know if that happened, but that could be the reason there was such a difference in the scores at each school's gyms. There's two sides to every story.

I know he got one for complaining to the refs a lot. I also heard that after the game, he was still complaining about the calls and the "bad officiating". IMO, I think the Tigers just outplayed the Musketeers in this one.

 

Not surprising. Hicks has been acting like that ever since he got to GC and those of us in the 16th have grown very tired of his carrying on. He truly gives a poor impression of the school and community and his attitude carries over to his players. Kids learn from leadership and from him they learn boorish behavior. Thankfully, we've never had to endure his antics during regional tournament time in Morehead...:D

I heard the fouls were 22 against 8. Go figure on that one

Whine and cry thats all a lot of people like to do. When you get beat you get beat. Do you expect to get the calls away from home? I think Jackson City deserve credit, they must have played an outstanding game. That kind of behavior does follow with the players into the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.