Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nerlens Still Not Cleared

Featured Replies

Oh, I agree. I wasn't saying it COULD be done, but stopping the AAU would help things. Getting rid of these "handlers" is a start.

 

I agree with the handlers part, but the NCAA's recent rules just made them stronger. AAU could go away all together and you will still get people like in Noel's case who has a guy who will leach on and convince the kid and family he is the best bet for the kid to handle everything, when they realy only care about themselves judging by the guys comment "this (he) is my last chance".

 

GT knows about this issue and has commented on this many times the past few years.

 

I have coaches spring/summer ball (AAU is a brand so I don't use that term) for 20 years and have seen it go down hill. When I started the college coaches were allowed to talk to players and their families at basketball events in the summer, they could talk to the kids coaches as well, even make a few comments during games. The college coaches had a lot of access to the players, which in my opinion was a lot better.

I know this has plausibility, but do you think it will have any traction at all GT? By the way, loving your twitter rants. Funny I found you on there.

I'm a big UK fan & no longer a Duke hater, mostly because of Coach K & his handling of Team USA. I used to be super-angry about the Laettner shot & his stomping of Aminu Timberlake, but found solace in the 17 point comeback in '98 in my senior year at UK. With that being said I wish UK fans would move beyond Duke, be happy about the recent run with Cal & lastly worry about Noel being eligible instead of Thomas b/c I guarantee UK needs Noel more than UK bball needs a negative finding on Thomas and/or Duke.

 

I am sure Duke is not squeaky clean, but I think We all know that no program is...

I know this has plausibility, but do you think it will have any traction at all GT? By the way, loving your twitter rants. Funny I found you on there.

 

I haven't really kept up with it of late to get a feel for how it is playing out behind the scenes. Just a guess from what I do know, but I think missing a few games early is probably worst case...

I feel like this has been said before. But do we know exactly what problems there might be with his amateurism?

I feel like this has been said before. But do we know exactly what problems there might be with his amateurism?
Who paid/How he paid for some of his unofficial visits. And they are looking into his association with someone and what they may have done for him.
Who paid/How he paid for some of his unofficial visits. And they are looking into his association with someone and what they may have done for him.

 

Thank you.

Who paid/How he paid for some of his unofficial visits. And they are looking into his association with someone and what they may have done for him.

 

I think three of those visits, specifically. One to UK. One to UL. I'm not sure on the third. Maybe Georgetown.

I think three of those visits, specifically. One to UK. One to UL. I'm not sure on the third. Maybe Georgetown.

 

 

I thought the visit to Syracuse was the one most scrutinized.

I thought the visit to Syracuse was the one most scrutinized.

 

That might be the one. I know there was a third one involved, but just couldn't remember which.

If what I'm reading on Twitter is true, Cal said on ESPN that Nerlens has been cleared to play.

If what I'm reading on Twitter is true, Cal said on ESPN that Nerlens has been cleared to play.

 

KSR is reporting it too. According to them, the quote is:

 

He’s been cleared to practice, cleared to play games. Everything’s good to go.

Les Johns @KernelJohns

 

UK spokesman says Calipari's statement is just the same thing he said last week, when he said "If there was a game today, he would play."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.