Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cueto has mild oblique strain

Featured Replies

​Johnny Cueto's back spasm turned out to be a mild oblique strain.

 

"He just showed up a little while ago," Dusty Baker said. "They said he's getting better, but we don't know what "better" is. So it's a question, I mean, that's a volatile area. You've seen the the obliques, sometimes they hang around for a while, and sometimes they don't hang around for a while.

 

"​We don't know the severity of it. He came in yesterday and got treatment all day long, so right now I would just be guessing to let you know how he is exactly right now. In a nutshell, we don't know."

  • Author
So basically he's probably done. :cry:

 

At least until the World Series I would think. Flotsam is dead to me.

I'd say he's done until the WS. No worries. Leake will get it done.

  • Author
I'd say he's done until the WS. No worries. Leake will get it done.

 

So they have to make a decision today right?

 

So they have to make a decision today right?

 

Would think so. I'd rather Leake go tomorrow and give Latos an extra day. Plus, Latos in game 5, if necessary.

Would think so. I'd rather Leake go tomorrow and give Latos an extra day. Plus, Latos in game 5, if necessary.

 

 

I was under the assumption our 25 can change from series to series. Is that not correct?

 

If so, I'd roll the dice so they don't lose Cueto for the WS if he's healthy by then.

  • Author
I was under the assumption our 25 can change from series to series. Is that not correct?

 

If so, I'd roll the dice so they don't lose Cueto for the WS if he's healthy by then.

 

 

That is true, but then you would have to go with both Latos in Game 4, and Arroyo in Game 5 on short rest if it went that far.

 

I was under the assumption our 25 can change from series to series. Is that not correct?

 

If so, I'd roll the dice so they don't lose Cueto for the WS if he's healthy by then.

 

If you change in the middle of the division series the player has to sit out until the WS. Not sure about the middle of the championship series.

 

That is true, but then you would have to go with both Latos in Game 4, and Arroyo in Game 5 on short rest if it went that far.

 

Latos on short rest after throwing on an off day, which I think was short rest too. And we saw the difference in Arroyo with an extra day off.

Suck it up. I have a moderate oblique swelling every day.

That is true, but then you would have to go with both Latos in Game 4, and Arroyo in Game 5 on short rest if it went that far.

 

Thats a risk I'm willing to take for a chance to have Cueto on the hill game 1 of the WS.

 

Hopefully it doesn't go that far.

  • Author
If you change in the middle of the division series the player has to sit out until the WS. Not sure about the middle of the championship series.

 

You can change from series to series. So what PutMeInCoach is saying is to roll the dice on the Reds winning tonight, and then see how Cueto feels in a couple of days until the Reds have to submit their NLCS roster.

  • Author
Thats a risk i'm willing to take for a chance to have Cueto on the hill game 1 of the WS.

 

 

 

He could still be on the hill for Game 1 of the WS if they DL him now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.