Obama will win because he's black

Actually unemployment was at an all time high in the early 80s. Not now.

If there are qualified, intelligent young people coming to America, why in the world should we kick them out?

This is America. We're the country people go to make their lives better. That's what we are. Why would you want to change that?

So, in other words, screw the legal immigrants that sacrificed by doing it the right way.

So, in other words, screw the legal immigrants that sacrificed by doing it the right way.

Yep. Exactly what I'm saying.

How long is the legal immigration process? How long does it take one to file for citizenship, then be able to move to America? I ask because I don't know, and I can't find it. But I'd expect it's quite a long time.

You don't know the life situation of these people moving to America. They certainly may not have the time. Their families' lives may be endangered. If you were in that situation, what would you do? If you didn't have the time, and it meant the difference between your family surviving or your child having the opportunity to live a productive life, what would you do?

It's not as simple as "GO AWAY ILLEGALS." The immigration process needs to be improved and pathways to legal citizenship need to be amended. But why, I ask again, should illegals who are living productive lives and wanting to go to college or join the military be forced to leave the country?

This isn't 1900. Legal immigration isn't the same as it was then.

Why do you think he wants to change it? Can't we enforce our laws and still be the place people go to make their lives better? Why do we have to suspend our own immigration laws to accomodate those who break them? Why should they get preferred treatment over those who are trying to actually obey our laws? Those are the issues I struggle with.

I completely agree with you. But I don't think that all illegals should be led on the way of "self-deportation."

When will people realize that Obama will get votes because he's black?

When will people realize that Obama won't get votes because he's black?

If you don't think that's the case, get out more.

I agree. In fact, I believe being black wil cost Obama more votes than it will gain him in this election. I know Democrats who would never vote Republican who will do so in this election and IMO it is because of Obama being black more than anything else. They would accept Obama's "failures" and still vote for him if he were white but not with him being black.

Why do you think he wants to change it? Can't we enforce our laws and still be the place people go to make their lives better? Why do we have to suspend our own immigration laws to accomodate those who break them? Why should they get preferred treatment over those who are trying to actually obey our laws? Those are the issues I struggle with.

Except way too many of those kids didn't break the law. Their parents did, by bringing them to the country as a minor. Yet, we want to "send them back" to a country that they don't know. That is what I struggle with.

Except way too many of those kids didn't break the law. Their parents did, by bringing them to the country as a minor. Yet, we want to "send them back" to a country that they don't know. That is what I struggle with.

As do I but do we not enforce our laws? What does that say to those following our laws and having to wait while the illegals jump ahead? Lot's of tough issues involved.

I agree. In fact, I believe being black wil cost Obama more votes than it will gain him in this election. I know Democrats who would never vote Republican who will do so in this election and IMO it is because of Obama being black more than anything else. They would accept Obama's "failures" and still vote for him if he were white but not with him being black.

Exactly. Makes me wonder how many times the sentence, "I never should have voted for the black guy" has been uttered in the last four years.

As do I but do we not enforce our laws? What does that say to those following our laws and having to wait while the illegals jump ahead? Lot's of tough issues involved.

These kids didn't break the laws. Do what you will with their parents, but we are absolutely doing the wrong thing when we demand that these kids "go back" to a country that they do not know.

I will be honest. This is my major issue with Romney. He absolutely lost me when he denounced the Dream Act.