Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oldham County 48 Holy Cross 21

Featured Replies

2A now starts for HC. They're glad.

2A now starts for HC. They're glad.

 

Maybe not. Lloyd is their first district game next week and the Juggs are playing some very good football. I think Lloyd will beat Holy Cross.

Maybe not. Lloyd is their first district game next week and the Juggs are playing some very good football. I think Lloyd will beat Holy Cross.

 

My comment was not a shot at NKY 2A. I'm just saying HC will be glad to get to teams "their size."

My comment was not a shot at NKY 2A. I'm just saying HC will be glad to get to teams "their size."

 

I understand. I am just saying that Lloyd will be a tough opponent and will not be a team Holy Cross will be glad to see.

I understand. I am just saying that Lloyd will be a tough opponent and will not be a team Holy Cross will be glad to see.

 

Being a big HC fan this really hurts me to say but I think that you may be right. HC is really struggling on defense. I did not go to the game tonight but after looking at the stats I can only assume our horrible tackling has continued allowing some average teams to look like they could win state with the way that they ran the ball. I have never seen so many missed tackles in the backfield that end up going for 40+ and a TD. I feel that if we could tackle our last 3 games including this one, all would have been close and we very well could have won at least one 2 of them. The Indians may be in for a rude a waking against a Lloyd team who is playing very well right now.

Box Score, stats and scoring summary for the Oldham County & Holy Cross game are now available. Click below and then click the Download link next to tonight's game.

 

Holy Cross Stats and Scoring Summary

 

Just got back in. Here's my report:

 

Opponents don't have to pass against Holy Cross. They just run, run, run, and then run some more. The HC is giving up too many long scoring runs game after game. Their 5 opponents so far are averaging 310 yards per game on the ground. 9.7 yards per rush. Allowed 26 rushing TDs in 5 games. Ouch! Tonight's damage was done by senior Colonels running Jacob Taylor. He rushed 15 times for 181 yards and 4 TDs. He also caught a 57 yard pass for another TD for 5 total. Junior Jalen Beal for HC was back tonight and scored twice - once on a 80 yard pass from Mitch Trail and once on a 1 yard run late in the game. Trail was 13-29 for 191, the one passing TD and 2 INTs. HC had 5 more first downs, twice the number of plays, over double the time of possession and STILL lost 48-21!

 

Yes, I would be very concerned about the Lloyd game next week. I'm sure Koz and his coaches will be continuing to find what will make the light switches turn on for the Indians.

Box Score, stats and scoring summary for the Oldham County & Holy Cross game are now available. Click below and then click the Download link next to tonight's game.

 

Holy Cross Stats and Scoring Summary

 

Just got back in. Here's my report:

 

Opponents don't have to pass against Holy Cross. They just run, run, run, and then run some more. The HC is giving up too many long scoring runs game after game. Their 5 opponents so far are averaging 310 yards per game on the ground. 9.7 yards per rush. Allowed 26 rushing TDs in 5 games. Ouch! Tonight's damage was done by senior Colonels running Jacob Taylor. He rushed 15 times for 181 yards and 4 TDs. He also caught a 57 yard pass for another TD for 5 total. Junior Jalen Beal for HC was back tonight and scored twice - once on a 80 yard pass from Mitch Trail and once on a 1 yard run late in the game. Trail was 13-29 for 191, the one passing TD and 2 INTs. HC had 5 more first downs, twice the number of plays, over double the time of possession and STILL lost 48-21!

 

Yes, I would be very concerned about the Lloyd game next week. I'm sure Koz and his coaches will be continuing to find what will make the light switches turn on for the Indians.

 

:scared: :eek: :cry: :isurrender: :puke:

 

Those are painful numbers.

WOW what a night!! The Defense was so bad that I think getting my teeth pulled out without novocaine would have been better!! The QB position in my opinion is still a problem. I feel its time to put the ball in control of the best man for the job and it has to be the pounce boy!! I saw him in the scott scrimmage game and he look just like Fuller from last year!!! He's a play maker on both sides of the ball and with his ability to run and gun will make a big difference!! I also feel that would be a big change that the indians need and they need it NOW!! The defense looks like if they would just move two or three guys around that it can get better but without looking around your sidelines and trying new things this season IS going to be a throw away and I think that is a shame cause I can see these guys going far again this year!! Our safety play was ugly that it cost us the game!! These boys have got to learn how to TACKLE!!! PLEASE AT LEAST TRY TO TACKLE!!! After last night I can say we might have a hard time next friday with Lloyd. Its my opinion that its BERT POUNCY TIME in indian land or we can hag it up!!

WOW what a night!! The Defense was so bad that I think getting my teeth pulled out without novocaine would have been better!! The QB position in my opinion is still a problem. I feel its time to put the ball in control of the best man for the job and it has to be the pounce boy!! I saw him in the scott scrimmage game and he look just like Fuller from last year!!! He's a play maker on both sides of the ball and with his ability to run and gun will make a big difference!! I also feel that would be a big change that the indians need and they need it NOW!! The defense looks like if they would just move two or three guys around that it can get better but without looking around your sidelines and trying new things this season IS going to be a throw away and I think that is a shame cause I can see these guys going far again this year!! Our safety play was ugly that it cost us the game!! These boys have got to learn how to TACKLE!!! PLEASE AT LEAST TRY TO TACKLE!!! After last night I can say we might have a hard time next friday with Lloyd. Its my opinion that its BERT POUNCY TIME in indian land or we can hag it up!!

The real season dont start till this week and you want to hang it up? Pouncy is play maker and I agree we need to find ways to get him the ball but he has not taken many snaps at qb in practice, would be a tough call to make in my book. It could work but it would be a hard call to make at this point.

I was very impressed with the run after the catch he had towards the end of the game. It would have been nice to see him get more touches but we had issues getting rid of the ball.

Oldham had a very nice team and came out with a good win. Number 11 is a good football player and thier kicker is going to help them a lot this year. Congrats on the win Oldham County.

How many seniors did HC lose last year? I just find it stunning that a defending state champion could be his soft on defense.

How many seniors did HC lose last year? I just find it stunning that a defending state champion could be his soft on defense.

 

I think we lost 12or13 last year and most of them were key players. Our two linebackers Lampone and Trunal and Fuller are greatly missed! I think we have the guys to get the job done but the coaches need to start working with some of guys that stand on the sidelines. I see two or three Big boys not fat but big that look like they could help them? Maybe there to young I don't know but they look strong! Who knows they might even be able to tackle and not be afrade of getting hit lol! It can't hurt to try?

The real season dont start till this week and you want to hang it up? Pouncy is play maker and I agree we need to find ways to get him the ball but he has not taken many snaps at qb in practice, would be a tough call to make in my book. It could work but it would be a hard call to make at this point.

I was very impressed with the run after the catch he had towards the end of the game. It would have been nice to see him get more touches but we had issues getting rid of the ball.

 

You are right that this is the start of our season and I have looked at the teams that we have played. I feel we should be one game better then where we are right now. Conner ,Copper ,Oldham are bigger schools and I didn't think we would win those games cause of there numbers and because of what we lost last year however I did think that we would have beaten Beachwood. Trail has more to learn on the offence but I don't think he's much better then Gabert at QB and let's face it Gabert looks real bad at safety! So what do we do??? I am thinking that Pouncy knows the offence and has played QB before so why not?? Him and Beal in the back field could cause a lot of good match ups? Your thoughts??

How many seniors did HC lose last year? I just find it stunning that a defending state champion could be his soft on defense.

They lost 8-9 defensive starters, some weeks only 8 started but the only defensive players that returned are Fisher, Herndon, Beal, Pouncy. Other players that played some, but not a ton, defense last year would be Russell, Ketron and Sullivan on the line. Where we are hurting is we need some actually a few someone's to step up at linebacker.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.