Court Injunction Filed by Fairview

Ram

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't play without a coach. Administrators turn a blind eye to what is going on. I think they are the guilty parties. I think punishing with post season loss is putting a band-aid on a broken arm. Punish the guilty parties. Integrity starts at the top. If you penalize with post season penalty, and you have the same coaches and admin in place, how long before the same thing reoccurs? Punish the coaches and administrators and perhaps you can curb it better. I don't know the best solution. I'm not sure we aren't headed for club sports and seeing high school sports as we know them in the rearview mirror anyway.

I agree. Fire the coaches and administrators. Don't allow them to coach a KHSAA sport again, and punish the program with a lack of post season participation. Then everyone is paying a price.

This is high school not college. It's not a realistic/fair/right to ask an entire school to suffer because of a few folks actions. Should the entire school get to transfer so that the girls that want to cheer for their football team can? What about the band members that want to play at the home games? Students that just want to go cheer on their friends? This is high school football not big money college football, I'm sorry but your proposal is ridiculous.

This.

This would totally defeat the whole purpose of the rule. Every kid that transferred because of this rule change would be transferring for athletic intent.

High Schools are not like colleges. For example, at Penn State and USC, athletes were allowed to transfer without having to sit out a year. This isn't college though... What about those that are not able to transfer? There are families involved in these situations and not just one kid. Having a free transfer rule would just open up so many more questions.

Although, it is difficult to come up with a correct punishment. There would have to be some hard facts to punish coaches.