Beechwood vs Holy Cross Predictions

Who wins?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I will call this one the Water Bucket Bowl. Holmes dumped the water bucket on their coach after their big win over Beechwood. Simon Kenton just didn't think to do it or I am sure they would have based on how wildly they celebrated beating the Tigers. Holy Cross has never beaten Beechwood. I look for the water bucket on Coach Kozerski if the Indians can get the win. On the other hand, with the infirmary list in Ft. Mitchell, if the Tigers can turn their JV into a varsity team this week and get the win, Coach Rash probably will have earned a dousing himself. Thoughts on this one?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will call this one the Water Bucket Bowl. Holmes dumped the water bucket on their coach after their big win over Beechwood. Simon Kenton just didn't think to do it or I am sure they would have based on how wildly they celebrated beating the Tigers. Holy Cross has never beaten Beechwood. I look for the water bucket on Coach Kozerski if the Indians can get the win. On the other hand, with the infirmary list in Ft. Mitchell, if the Tigers can turn their JV into a varsity team this week and get the win, Coach Rash probably will have earned a dousing himself. Thoughts on this one?

Will they hand out baby buckets to the fans? :D

I really have no idea how to predict this game. I know Beechwood has had lots of injuries, but Holy Cross has never beaten them. HC has a lot of work to do (especially on the defensive side of the ball). They obviously struggled against Cooper and Conner, but they also gave up big plays against Dayton.

I never thought I would say this at the start of the year, but I expect to see plenty of points in this one. I expected Beechwood's defense to be a shutdown defense but they are decimated by injuries. We'll see how things shake out on the injury front. Maybe a few of those guys can make it back this week. Otherwise, I see points going up in this one.

I really have no idea how to predict this game. I know Beechwood has had lots of injuries, but Holy Cross has never beaten them. HC has a lot of work to do (especially on the defensive side of the ball). They obviously struggled against Cooper and Conner, but they also gave up big plays against Dayton.

WOW!! Well pete I have to say that you may be right about one thing and that is we still have some work to do on our defensive line but I do think it is getting better and once again you cant expect us to shut down the big gun's like a cooper or a Conner that's just not going to happen. I feel that it will be a good game but HC will come out on top. Give the new QB this week to learn a little more and we will start rolling!! You will see! Have some FATH brother! You cant go off the last two games Copper will be the Champions in there division if not Conner!

WOW!! Well pete I have to say that you may be right about one thing and that is we still have some work to do on our defensive line but I do think it is getting better and once again you cant expect us to shut down the big gun's like a cooper or a Conner that's just not going to happen. I feel that it will be a good game but HC will come out on top. Give the new QB this week to learn a little more and we will start rolling!! You will see! Have some FATH brother! You cant go off the last two games Copper will be the Champions in there division if not Conner!

Well, it is good to see that I am right about "one thing"!:banana: Yes, and I always have faith in HC! I may give good, objective, rational observations of both teams in a particular game, but I always go with the heart in polls and pick the Indians regardless if common sense says to not do so. That's what "homers" like me do! There are a few of us out here on BGP doing the same thing for their respective teams.

Getting back to the topic of this thread, however, I expect Trail to get better as the rust comes off and the year progresses. Realize that the WRs have to get used to him as much as he to them. It is easy to throw to someone standing still. It is much harder to throw that timing route to a spot and hope that the receiver reaches and gets the ball while on the move. Fade routes usually take several practices to master (some QBs never do). These early games will build character and it is great if they win them. However, HC and NCC and Beechwood care about the league games at their level and getting ready for the playoffs. Adversity early in the year against quality opponents pays dividends later in the year in the games that really matter.