Reds at Diamondbacks Series 8/27 thru 8/29/12

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That no good Philly team just rain a train on the Nats helping the Reds bid for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

What's the Phillies record now? I hope the Nats rebound in time to sweep the Cardinals this coming weekend.

What's the Phillies record now? I hope the Nats rebound in time to sweep the Cardinals this coming weekend.

I don't know, they aren't any good so I don't look at it. I do hope they get eliminated from the post season very soon though.

Agreed about the Nats rebounding but only to take 1 game. The Reds should win the division unless they collapse against bad teams.

I don't know, they aren't any good so I don't look at it. I do hope they get eliminated from the post season very soon though.

Agreed about the Nats rebounding but only to take 1 game. The Reds should win the division unless they collapse against bad teams.

Huh? You only want the Nats to take one game against the Cardinals?

Philly is 61-67.

The Reds trail the Nats by 1 game. (WSH 77-50, CIN 77-52).

Oh I see what SSC is saying now. He only wants the Nats to lose 2 so it would help the Reds have the best record in the NL. Reds need to take care of the D'Backs first. That won't be an easy series.

Oh I see what SSC is saying now. He only wants the Nats to lose 2 so it would help the Reds have the best record in the NL. Reds need to take care of the D'Backs first. That won't be an easy series.

Yes. I'm hoping the division race is wrapped up, and I think it is barring a pretty bad collapse. I'd like them to be the 1 seed and face the wild card winner hoping that they have to burn their ace in that one game playoff series.

So how are the playoffs set up this year? Let's say the Cardinals beat the Dodgers in the one game wild card playoff. Do you still avoid the wild card winner if its from your division? I would rather play the Cardinals 1st round over the Giants.

So how are the playoffs set up this year? Let's say the Cardinals beat the Dodgers in the one game wild card playoff. Do you still avoid the wild card winner if its from your division? I would rather play the Cardinals 1st round over the Giants.

Great question and one I haven't been able to find the answer to. I think you can play a team from your division because they would have to win a "series" to get there.

Great question and one I haven't been able to find the answer to. I think you can play a team from your division because they would have to win a "series" to get there.

You can play a team from your own division in the Division series now.

I have no desire to face the Cardinals in the playoffs. Personally, I hope they don't even make it in.

You can play a team from your own division in the Division series now.

I have no desire to face the Cardinals in the playoffs. Personally, I hope they don't even make it in.

Would you rather the Reds face the Giants and Dodgers over the Cardinals?

Rather lose to Giants or Dodgers over Cardinals anytime. Don't want Cardinals in Playoffs. I can't stand to sit on my couch and watch Molina get hit after hit.

So it's not the fact that you think the Reds will have an easier time with the Giants or Dodgers, it's the fact you can deal with losing to those teams, but not the Cardinals.