What To Do with Todd Frazier....

Clyde

What will happen to Todd Frazier when Votto returns? Dusty has made it clear that Rolen is not going to the bench full-time. Rolen is going to play at least half the week.

Are we going to see Frazier reduced to a platoon guy?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find time for him at 3B, LF, and 1B to give Votto rest down the stretch. They might have the luxury of resting guys more than normal this last month.

I can't imagine Votto resting much (1 day every couple of weeks maybe) when he returns. He will want a lot of reps to get his swing back.

Ludwick has flat out carried this team since Votto has been out. I can't see him sitting many games either.

My guess is it will be mainly at third base on a part-time basis.

Good point on the "luxury" issue. However, once the playoffs start then it will be very interesting.

I can't imagine Votto resting much (1 day every couple of weeks maybe) when he returns. He will want a lot of reps to get his swing back.

Ludwick has flat out carried this team since Votto has been out. I can't see him sitting many games either.

My guess is it will be mainly at third base on a part-time basis.

Good point on the "luxury" issue. However, once the playoffs start then it will be very interesting.

No reason Dusty can't get Fraizer in 4 or 5 games a week between 1B, 3B, RF and LF.

I would assume Frazier will get 4-5 starts a week amongst 3B, LF, RF, & the rare day at 1B.

I do think when (if) Votto comes back, he'll be given more off-days than he had been getting.

As he should, no reason to not get him plenty of rest before the playoffs.

My prediction is that when all are healthy Dusty will not be using Frazier 4 to 5 days per week. Call it reading the tea leaves but his comments seem to me that he will be a PHer and occasional starter.

You know Dusty gives Ludwick, Rolen and Bruce at least one day off a week anyway. Why wouldn't Frazier get those starts?

You know Dusty gives Ludwick, Rolen and Bruce at least one day off a week anyway. Why wouldn't Frazier get those starts?

He will not give them days off in the playoffs.

Is the ROY going to be limited to PHing?

He will not give them days off in the playoffs.

Is the ROY going to be limited to PHing?

He can DH in the WS, we won't need him PHing. :D

I agree he will probably be a PHer in the playoffs unless Rolen gets hurt again or has a terrible finish to the season. Maybe 1 or 2 starts a series based off match ups.