Steelers' DeCastro struggling physically

Perhaps the biggest disappointment of Steelers training camp has been the struggles of first-round pick David DeCastro.

Considered the best guard prospect to come out of college in a decade, DeCastro has failed to beat out Ramon Foster, who went undrafted three years ago, for the starting right guard spot.

Steelers' DeCastro struggling physically - AFC North Blog - ESPN

Awfully quick judgement don't you think? He didn't go through minicamp because of the rules that keep rookies from leaving school before they have finished their classes at their respective campuses. I read a bunch of Steelers stuff and it's funny that the ESPN AFC North guy seems to be way more concerned than the Pittsburgh guys. Maybe he can't handle it, but I think I'll reserve judgement until the pads are on for real.

And with all due respect to the Bengals, I think that the OL of the Steelers are about as afraid of the DL of the Bengals as the rest of Northern KY is afraid of Simon Kenton.

Awfully quick judgement don't you think? He didn't go through minicamp because of the rules that keep rookies from leaving school before they have finished their classes at their respective campuses. I read a bunch of Steelers stuff and it's funny that the ESPN AFC North guy seems to be way more concerned than the Pittsburgh guys. Maybe he can't handle it, but I think I'll reserve judgement until the pads are on for real.

And with all due respect to the Bengals, I think that the OL of the Steelers are about as afraid of the DL of the Bengals as the rest of Northern KY is afraid of Simon Kenton.

Boom!

As much as I would love for him to not end up being as good as people thought, and the guard the Bengals drafted being better. Its way to early to really make any judgements, maybe three years from now will tell who got the better guard. However if the Bengals did get the better guard, that shows the Bengals deserve a lot of credit in their scouting department.

Let me know when your team plays SK so I can feed you some crow!

Andre Smith has turned into a good lineman. Takes a bit sometimes. I can't imagine this kid not being really good.

Kinda what I figured. Guys in the media this time of year have to fill space with something. Doesn't matter if it's reality or fantasy.

DeCastro starting

It did not take long for rookie guard David DeCastro to move into the starting lineup on a permanent basis.

DeCastro, the team's No. 1 pick, played so well in his preseason debut against the Eagles that it appears he will remain at right guard with the first-team offense.

Kinda what I figured. Guys in the media this time of year have to fill space with something. Doesn't matter if it's reality or fantasy.

DeCastro starting

It did not take long for rookie guard David DeCastro to move into the starting lineup on a permanent basis.

DeCastro, the team's No. 1 pick, played so well in his preseason debut against the Eagles that it appears he will remain at right guard with the first-team offense.

You forgot to add Big Ben was sacked twice against the Eagles.