Cincy Pitcher Commits to Longhorns

Clyde

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big time. Who's seen her pitch?

Mike Dyer ‏@MikeDyer

Oak Hills 2013 pitcher Lauren Slatten verbally commits to Texas #enqr #Texas Oak Hills 2013 pitcher Lauren Slatten verbally commits to Texas | The Recruiting Trail

Have seen her pitch, I believe she is very good. With that being said I would be shocked if she gets much pitching time at Texas. I have been wrong before so good luck to her.

I have to agree with SSC on this one. I can't see her getting much pitching time at Texas. Kind of like Kirsten at OU. I think a lot of people thought she would get a lot of pitching time at OU, but I just did not see it. Big 12 is a whole different story when it comes to softball.

I have to agree with SSC on this one. I can't see her getting much pitching time at Texas. Kind of like Kirsten at OU. I think a lot of people thought she would get a lot of pitching time at OU, but I just did not see it. Big 12 is a whole different story when it comes to softball.

This young lady is no Kirsten Allen. Allen pitched at 40' while in HS so it is hard to compare but this young lady going to Texas is no where near where Allen was coming out of HS. Allen could have pitched at OU more if it wasn't for being stuck behind one of the very best pitchers and players in the country in Ricketts.

This young lady is no Kirsten Allen. Allen pitched at 40' while in HS so it is hard to compare but this young lady going to Texas is no where near where Allen was coming out of HS. Allen could have pitched at OU more if it wasn't for being stuck behind one of the very best pitchers and players in the country in Ricketts.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one because coming out of high school (throwing at 40 feet) I still did not think she was good enough to pitch in the Big 12.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one because coming out of high school (throwing at 40 feet) I still did not think she was good enough to pitch in the Big 12.

If you look at her stats she got quite a bit of playing time her freshman year before Ricketts came and did fairly well. Maybe not an all American but she did pitch pitch well at OU. The next 3 years her numbers were ok also just never pitched much and never against good teams. I never saw Allen pitch so it is hard to say. The things with softball and other like sports you never know how much money someone gets. I would think Allen got a full ride at OU which is very impressive. I have no clue what this other young lady got at Texas but my guess is not nearly a 100%. For me that was one of the harder chocies in looking for a college. Do you take less money to go to a bigger school and maybe not play as much or do take the money and have a chance to play right away.

Any guesses as to what % of a scholarship she might be receiving? 25%?

She was a Murray State commit until they let their coach go. Once she decommited she was pretty much considered by the coaches I talked to as the best uncommitted 2013 pitcher left. I know she could have picked a lot of mid major type schools and went for free. Long story short is I don't no, could be 100% but I would be shocked. My guess is around 50 to 60% bc all schools give pitchers a little more.

Our team played her a couple weeks ago and won 5-2, we didn't hit the ball real well off her and may have only had a 4 or 5 hits but she is way down on the list of pitchers we faced this summer. That being said we faced some of the best pitchers in the country also.

If you look at her stats she got quite a bit of playing time her freshman year before Ricketts came and did fairly well. Maybe not an all American but she did pitch pitch well at OU. The next 3 years her numbers were ok also just never pitched much and never against good teams. I never saw Allen pitch so it is hard to say. The things with softball and other like sports you never know how much money someone gets. I would think Allen got a full ride at OU which is very impressive. I have no clue what this other young lady got at Texas but my guess is not nearly a 100%. For me that was one of the harder chocies in looking for a college. Do you take less money to go to a bigger school and maybe not play as much or do take the money and have a chance to play right away.

She might have done well but who did she pitch again? I remember looking at her stats and she did not pitch against the top teams. I just think she could have gone to a different conference (not the SEC, PAC 10 - 12 or Big 12) and did very well. I never thought she was a Big 12 pitcher or should I say a powerhouse conference pitcher but that is my opinion.

With all of this said, you still have to respect what she did in the state of Kentucky and for softball. Also, if I had a daughter playing softball and I wanted her to take pitching lessons I would send her straight to Kirsten!

She might have done well but who did she pitch again? I remember looking at her stats and she did not pitch against the top teams. I just think she could have gone to a different conference (not the SEC, PAC 10 - 12 or Big 12) and did very well. I never thought she was a Big 12 pitcher or should I say a powerhouse conference pitcher but that is my opinion.

With all of this said, you still have to respect what she did in the state of Kentucky and for softball. Also, if I had a daughter playing softball and I wanted her to take pitching lessons I would send her straight to Kirsten!

I'll have to agree with SSC on this one. If it was just any old player that replaced her that would be one thing. She was replaced by arguably the best player in the country. My opinion is she would have been the ace on over half the teams in the power conferences. Just curious, why do you think she would be a good pitching instructor?