Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincy Pitcher Commits to Longhorns

Featured Replies

Read some of my stuff, I say the hell with "politically correct".

 

Parents are always happy when they are reading all the praise their kids get on here, but lord have mercy, if your opinion is the opposite or you say they had a "bad game", all hell breaks loose. It's just an opinion!!!!

 

I too hate the whole PC crap!!!!!

 

In my own crazy twisted way...lol, I was trying to pull some specifics outta folks as to what would make her texas good? Didn't seem to work.....my pursuit of helping her improve is endless, as is hers!!!

  • Replies 81
  • Views 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too hate the whole PC crap!!!!!

 

In my own crazy twisted way...lol, I was trying to pull some specifics outta folks as to what would make her texas good? Didn't seem to work.....my pursuit of helping her improve is endless, as is hers!!!

 

I guess it really doesn't matter what we think bc Texas thinks she is Texas good. For me though the first thing I would do is have her grow another 3 inches and maybe put on another 20 pounds and while you are at it add 3 or 4 miles to the fastball!! (not saying her fastball isn't fast enough) Those are things you really can't control and believe me if there was a way I would have done it. Probably the biggest obstacle my kid had to over come was not being big enough.

 

Texas started the season ranked 7th, that is big time. You have to be the best of the best to pitch at that level. I truly mean no disrespect but when I think of best pitchers we faced this summer shes not near the top of the names I think of and I think she is really good. That does not mean she won't get there or isn't already there just my opinion. Sounds like the both of you are doing everything you can to be the most prepared you can be so I am sure it will work out. Believe me nothing will make me more happy to come back on this board in a couple years ago and say I was totally wrong.

I guess it really doesn't matter what we think bc Texas thinks she is Texas good. For me though the first thing I would do is have her grow another 3 inches and maybe put on another 20 pounds and while you are at it add 3 or 4 miles to the fastball!! (not saying her fastball isn't fast enough) Those are things you really can't control and believe me if there was a way I would have done it. Probably the biggest obstacle my kid had to over come was not being big enough.

 

Texas started the season ranked 7th, that is big time. You have to be the best of the best to pitch at that level. I truly mean no disrespect but when I think of best pitchers we faced this summer shes not near the top of the names I think of and I think she is really good. That does not mean she won't get there or isn't already there just my opinion. Sounds like the both of you are doing everything you can to be the most prepared you can be so I am sure it will work out. Believe me nothing will make me more happy to come back on this board in a couple years ago and say I was totally wrong.

 

Haha. Not much I can do about her height and weight......but I wish I could do all you mentioned!! Call me crazy but I enjoy watching all the top pitchers whenever I can so I can see where my dd stands when/if compared with the best. Any how, what pitchers did you face last summer and which bandits team was your daughter playing with? I know her team played a lot of top teams.......including team conroy. we did extremely well against them all and the games my dd pitched she did well too. SoCal athletics, Gold Coast hurricanes and Rico's worth firecrackers along with the bandits are no joke. She pitched extremely well vs the bandits last time they played and got the win. She loves playing vs the best teams and pitchers (like a young great pitcher going to Washington). To be the best and get better you gotta play the best!!!! That's what it's all about!

Edited by Texasdad

Haha. Not much I can do about her height and weight......but I wish I could do all you mentioned!! Call me crazy but I enjoy watching all the top pitchers whenever I can so I can see where my dd stands when/if compared with the best. Any how, what pitchers did you face last summer and which bandits team was your daughter playing with? I know her team played a lot of top teams.......including team conroy. we did extremely well against them all and the games my dd pitched she did well too. SoCal athletics, Gold Coast hurricanes and Rico's worth firecrackers along with the bandits are no joke. She pitched extremely well vs the bandits last time they played and got the win. She loves playing vs the best teams and pitchers (like a young great pitcher going to Washington). To be the best and get better you gotta play the best!!!! That's what it's all about!

 

She played on the 16U banidts team last year. We only played 16's at Nationals and Boulder. We faced your daughter in the Demarini in Chi. We were fortunate to win the game, I believe 5-2. I heard the Sluggars did well last time against Conroy but I think the week before that Conroy put it on the Sluggers.

 

I think the best pitcher I saw last year is now with the Bandits Conroy, Carly Hoover she is going to Stanford. Taran Alvelo with Conroy is also a monster and she is only a 2015 going to Wash. Some of the others that stand out to me but don't know there names was the KC Orignals Lt hander going to OK. Of course the teams you mentioned have great pitching. The Corona Angels had 2 studs on there 16U team. I was told they were as good if not better than the pitchers on the Angels 18U team. A 2015 girl from the East Cobb bullets was unreal and probably did the best against us. Our team had Brittney Gray whose going to Georgia but didn't pitch last year bc of an injury she is the real deal. Alexis Silkwood who is going to Miss State is also awesome. I am real biased on this one but Emily Anderson whose with the Bandits and is from Cincy has done more against good teams than most as far as pitching goes she is great she just don't thow the ball quite as hard as some of the girls on the list. Team Mizuno who was a 16U team and might have been the best team in the country had several elite type pitchers. The list could go on but these are the ones that stand out to me. Your daughter is certainly in the converstation with these young ladies.

This came from an Ohio website and is only 2014's. I have seen a handful or two of these girls and they are all pretty good. #8 was a teammate of ours and I thinks she is REALLY good!

 

2014 National Comparison / Pitchers

 

Top 2014 National Pitchers - Ratings based on OSRN pitcher/position only

Top 100 rated, after which stars are awarded in place of ranking -

3 stars for 101-199; 2 stars for 200-299

 

Rating; Player; verbal; Club Team; High School

 

1) Alexis Osorio Alabama/Corona Angles/Riverside King

 

2) Patricia Parks Arizona/Team Mizuno/Chino Hills

 

3) Tera Bianco Michigan / Firecrackers Rico / Marina

 

4) Allison Walljasper LSU / San Jose Sting / Sierra

 

5) Selina Ta’ amilo UCLA / OC Batbusters/Vistas Murietta

 

6) Johanna Grauer Arizona St/Sorcerer 18u Gold/Amador Valley

 

7) Kristin Cullen California/OC Batbusters/Oaks Christian

 

8) Brittany Gray Georgia / Beverly Bandits Premier/Greenwood

 

9) Maddy Stulce Houston / Sudden Impact Gold/ Seven Lakes

 

10) Erin Houthoofd Texas A&M / Texas Impact Gold/ Barbers Hill

 

11) Lexi Blevins Tulsa / OC Batbusters / Heritage

 

12) Allison Davis Virginia / Gold Coast Hurricanes / Oakton

 

13) Paige Parker Oklahoma / Originals Gold / Truman

 

14) Sydney Lahners Pacific / So Cal Explosion / Laguna Hills

 

15) Sarah Costlow George Washington OC Batbusters/ Martin Luther King

 

16) Kaylee Carlson North Carolina / Team Mizuno / Pacifica

 

17) Ally Frei Penn St. / Newtown Rock Gold / High Point regional

 

18) Sydney Matzko North Carolina / Gold Coast Hurricanes / Torrington

 

19) Hayley Copeland South Carolina SoCal A’s / Esperanza

 

20) Lindsay Chalmers/Cal Poly/Sorcerer 18u Gold/San Ramon

 

21) Meghan King Maryland / Gold Coast Hurricanes / Parkland

 

22) Cheyene Powell Oregon / Oklahoma Twisters/tuttle

 

23) Paige Lowary Missouri / I-Force Gold / Dallas Center Grimes

 

24) Kayla Ober Texas A&M / Texas Aces Express/Cinco Ranch

 

25) Dallas McBride New Mexico State / Arizona Hotshots / Chapparell

 

26) Annie Davis Wisconsin / Arizona Hotshots / Saguaro

 

27) Sara White Notre Dame / SoCal Explosion / Rancho Bernardo

 

28) Megan Leyva DePaul/OC Batbusters-Fox/ Mt. Carmel

 

29) Brooklin Hinz Kentucky / KC Peppers / St. Thomas Aquinas

 

30) Mariah Watts Wisconsin / Team Florida / Lakewood

 

 

 

In comparison with 2014 Ohio Pitcher rating only: OSRN rates top 100 – there after next 100 are 3 stars, next 100 are 2 stars

 

OSRNOhio#1 NR# 56 Manda Cash Dayton / Ohio Nightmare Gold/ Worthington Kilbourne

 

OSRNOhio#2NR# 3 star Ashley Sharp Wright State / Cincy Doom Gold / West Chester Lakota

 

OSRNOhio#3NR# 3 star Paige McMenemy Akron University / Ohio Lasers Gold/ Westerville Central

This came from an Ohio website and is only 2014's. I have seen a handful or two of these girls and they are all pretty good. #8 was a teammate of ours and I thinks she is REALLY good!

 

2014 National Comparison / Pitchers

 

Top 2014 National Pitchers - Ratings based on OSRN pitcher/position only

Top 100 rated, after which stars are awarded in place of ranking -

3 stars for 101-199; 2 stars for 200-299

 

Rating; Player; verbal; Club Team; High School

 

1) Alexis Osorio Alabama/Corona Angles/Riverside King

 

2) Patricia Parks Arizona/Team Mizuno/Chino Hills

 

3) Tera Bianco Michigan / Firecrackers Rico / Marina

 

4) Allison Walljasper LSU / San Jose Sting / Sierra

 

5) Selina Ta’ amilo UCLA / OC Batbusters/Vistas Murietta

 

6) Johanna Grauer Arizona St/Sorcerer 18u Gold/Amador Valley

 

7) Kristin Cullen California/OC Batbusters/Oaks Christian

 

8) Brittany Gray Georgia / Beverly Bandits Premier/Greenwood

 

9) Maddy Stulce Houston / Sudden Impact Gold/ Seven Lakes

 

10) Erin Houthoofd Texas A&M / Texas Impact Gold/ Barbers Hill

 

11) Lexi Blevins Tulsa / OC Batbusters / Heritage

 

12) Allison Davis Virginia / Gold Coast Hurricanes / Oakton

 

13) Paige Parker Oklahoma / Originals Gold / Truman

 

14) Sydney Lahners Pacific / So Cal Explosion / Laguna Hills

 

15) Sarah Costlow George Washington OC Batbusters/ Martin Luther King

 

16) Kaylee Carlson North Carolina / Team Mizuno / Pacifica

 

17) Ally Frei Penn St. / Newtown Rock Gold / High Point regional

 

18) Sydney Matzko North Carolina / Gold Coast Hurricanes / Torrington

 

19) Hayley Copeland South Carolina SoCal A’s / Esperanza

 

20) Lindsay Chalmers/Cal Poly/Sorcerer 18u Gold/San Ramon

 

21) Meghan King Maryland / Gold Coast Hurricanes / Parkland

 

22) Cheyene Powell Oregon / Oklahoma Twisters/tuttle

 

23) Paige Lowary Missouri / I-Force Gold / Dallas Center Grimes

 

24) Kayla Ober Texas A&M / Texas Aces Express/Cinco Ranch

 

25) Dallas McBride New Mexico State / Arizona Hotshots / Chapparell

 

26) Annie Davis Wisconsin / Arizona Hotshots / Saguaro

 

27) Sara White Notre Dame / SoCal Explosion / Rancho Bernardo

 

28) Megan Leyva DePaul/OC Batbusters-Fox/ Mt. Carmel

 

29) Brooklin Hinz Kentucky / KC Peppers / St. Thomas Aquinas

 

30) Mariah Watts Wisconsin / Team Florida / Lakewood

 

 

 

In comparison with 2014 Ohio Pitcher rating only: OSRN rates top 100 – there after next 100 are 3 stars, next 100 are 2 stars

 

OSRNOhio#1 NR# 56 Manda Cash Dayton / Ohio Nightmare Gold/ Worthington Kilbourne

 

OSRNOhio#2NR# 3 star Ashley Sharp Wright State / Cincy Doom Gold / West Chester Lakota

 

OSRNOhio#3NR# 3 star Paige McMenemy Akron University / Ohio Lasers Gold/ Westerville Central

I am familiar with some of these pitchers.
She played on the 16U banidts team last year. We only played 16's at Nationals and Boulder. We faced your daughter in the Demarini in Chi. We were fortunate to win the game, I believe 5-2. I heard the Sluggars did well last time against Conroy but I think the week before that Conroy put it on the Sluggers.

 

I think the best pitcher I saw last year is now with the Bandits Conroy, Carly Hoover she is going to Stanford. Taran Alvelo with Conroy is also a monster and she is only a 2015 going to Wash. Some of the others that stand out to me but don't know there names was the KC Orignals Lt hander going to OK. Of course the teams you mentioned have great pitching. The Corona Angels had 2 studs on there 16U team. I was told they were as good if not better than the pitchers on the Angels 18U team. A 2015 girl from the East Cobb bullets was unreal and probably did the best against us. Our team had Brittney Gray whose going to Georgia but didn't pitch last year bc of an injury she is the real deal. Alexis Silkwood who is going to Miss State is also awesome. I am real biased on this one but Emily Anderson whose with the Bandits and is from Cincy has done more against good teams than most as far as pitching goes she is great she just don't thow the ball quite as hard as some of the girls on the list. Team Mizuno who was a 16U team and might have been the best team in the country had several elite type pitchers. The list could go on but these are the ones that stand out to me. Your daughter is certainly in the converstation with these young ladies.

 

Am impressive list indeed, and while I've seen Taran, Emily and other great "local"(I use the term loosely) pitchers. I've also seen lots of pitchers from all over in many other states during tournaments. I am familiar with all the pitchers you mentioned just haven't seen them all pitch.

When my daughter played with Paiges younger sister everyone thought she would be the one to go far in softball. Where as Paige was a good player she wasn't even pitching then. Its nice to see her mentioned and just goes to show girls at 10-12u are not who they will be at 14u+

When my daughter played with Paiges younger sister everyone thought she would be the one to go far in softball. Where as Paige was a good player she wasn't even pitching then. Its nice to see her mentioned and just goes to show girls at 10-12u are not who they will be at 14u+

 

Sorry but it is 3 in the morning and I have been out drinking for a while but I have no idea what you are talking about. Who is paige?

Sorry but it is 3 in the morning and I have been out drinking for a while but I have no idea what you are talking about. Who is paige?

 

Oh my.......lol

 

I would bet he is referring to this young lady....

OSRNOhio#3NR# 3 star Paige McMenemy Akron University / Ohio Lasers Gold/ Westerville Central

Oh my.......lol

 

I would bet he is referring to this young lady....

OSRNOhio#3NR# 3 star Paige McMenemy Akron University / Ohio Lasers Gold/ Westerville Central

 

Makes sense now!

  • Author

Mike Dyer ‏@MikeDyer 14m

Texas freshman Lauren Slatten (Oak Hills) competing for No 1 or 2 position on Longhorns' staff, says Oak Hills coach Jackie Cornelius-Bedel

Mike Dyer ‏@MikeDyer 14m

Texas freshman Lauren Slatten (Oak Hills) competing for No 1 or 2 position on Longhorns' staff, says Oak Hills coach Jackie Cornelius-Bedel

 

Nice, from Murray St to the Longhorns...has to be a dream come true!

Mike Dyer ‏@MikeDyer 14m

Texas freshman Lauren Slatten (Oak Hills) competing for No 1 or 2 position on Longhorns' staff, says Oak Hills coach Jackie Cornelius-Bedel

Congrats to Lauren. She is a great kid, I know that her dad is proud of her. She has great presence and toughness in the circle. She pitched a no-hit shutout against Gary Haning's OC Batbusters in the PGF Nationals in August.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.