July 23, 201214 yr Yankees have acquired Ichiro & cash from Seattle for RHPs D.J. Mitchell & Danny Farquhar.
July 24, 201214 yr I realize Ichiro is having a down year but Im surprised the Yankees only had to give up they did to get him...
July 24, 201214 yr I realize Ichiro is having a down year but Im surprised the Yankees only had to give up they did to get him... What is his salary?
July 24, 201214 yr The Yankees will have to pay him 2.5 million...The Yankees traded DJ Mitchell a former 10th Rounder with an almost 4era in 86 career AAA innings...They also traded Danny Farquhar a guy that is going on his 4th team now this year after being picked up off waivers from the the As almost a month ago, he has a 4.65era in 65 career AAA innings...
July 24, 201214 yr Could we see a rejuvenated Ichiro after a few sub Ichiro seasons? The Yanks made out like bandits.
July 24, 201214 yr Could we see a rejuvenated Ichiro after a few sub Ichiro seasons? The Yanks made out like bandits. The Yanks stole him I dont care how old he is or what his numbers have been like this year...Insert him in that lineup with those bats and I expect that he will be rejuvenated and produce...
July 24, 201214 yr The Yanks stole him I dont care how old he is or what his numbers have been like this year...Insert him in that lineup with those bats and I expect that he will be rejuvenated and produce... He can't get on base, how will he produce?
July 24, 201214 yr He can't get on base, how will he produce? He will be closer to his career obp with the Yanks than the last 2 years...Have you seen the guys that he has had around him...He just went from the last olace offense in the AL probably to one of the best...How does Brendan Ryan (.188avg), Chone Figgins (.188avg), Miguel Olivo (.198avg), Justin Smoak (.191avg), Kyle Seager (.240avg) and Dustin Ackley (.226avg) sound...The Ms are terrible Ichiro will have a lot of pressure off his shoulders in the Bronx...
July 24, 201214 yr He will be closer to his career obp with the Yanks than the last 2 years...Have you seen the guys that he has had around him...He just went from the last olace offense in the AL probably to one of the best...How does Brendan Ryan (.188avg), Chone Figgins (.188avg), Miguel Olivo (.198avg), Justin Smoak (.191avg), Kyle Seager (.240avg) and Dustin Ackley (.226avg) sound...The Ms are terrible Ichiro will have a lot of pressure off his shoulders in the Bronx... I'm sure his numbers will improve some, but Ichiro is 38 years old...he's not the player that he used to be.
July 24, 201214 yr I'm sure his numbers will improve some, but Ichiro is 38 years old...he's not the player that he used to be. No doubt but he he also hasnt fallen off as much as he has showed...His plate discipline will improve with the Yanks where he will no longer feel like he has to produce runs and can focus more on getting on base for the guys behind him... I see no reason that for half a season with a new team full of talent he wont be closer to the Ichi of old...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.