Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5th/6th vs 7th/8th all-star game

Featured Replies

The seniors to be east vs west all-star games will take place this Saturday night, July 14th at St X high school in Louisville. They begin with the girls game at 6pm. The boys play at 8pm. Should be fun.

Do you have rosters? Sounds like a pretty cool game to see.

The best players will not be there they are all out of town with AAU! It should have been in a dead period it would have been fun to watch for sure!

  • Author
The best players will not be there they are all out of town with AAU! It should have been in a dead period it would have been fun to watch for sure!

To say that all the best players will not be there is not true. And what ever happened to having allegiance to your high school team? I know some of these boys are missing an aau tourney to play in this all star game.

To say that all the best players will not be there is not true. And what ever happened to having allegiance to your high school team? I know some of these boys are missing an aau tourney to play in this all star game.

 

I don't think this has anything to do with an allegiance to high school teams since it is an all-star game not a school game. While it is an big honor, I can't blame anyonefor missing this to play aau since this is the time that the college coaches are watching AAU. Unfortunate timing.

Can a game like this even be played during the dead period?

 

I'm thinking no.

Can a game like this even be played during the dead period?

 

I'm thinking no.

 

I think you are right. Dead period...means just that.

Can a game like this even be played during the dead period?

 

I'm thinking no.

 

This game has been going for years.

Can a game like this even be played during the dead period?

 

I'm thinking no.

 

The Dead Period concluded July 10.

 

This game is AOK.

Can a game like this even be played during the dead period?

 

I'm thinking no.

 

The game would be fine during the dead period, as long as; it wasn't played at a school any of the participants attend; no one had school uniforms on; none of the particpants coaches coached in the event; none of the equipment used came from the school of a participant.

 

Kids play AAU during the dead period. As long as all participants schools were totally out of the mix, not sure how this would be any different. Of course that's a long laundry list of things to set up in order to play it during the dead period.

 

I'd play it in the Spring or in June.

Here is a list of who is playing:

 

BOYS

• West: Brandon Price, Daveon Greene (John Hardin); Kelton Ford (LaRue County); Devonte Grundy (Bardstown); Jordon Cooper (Bethlehem); Tyler Landry (North Hardin); Rusty Troutman, Trey Rakes, Derek Willis (Bullitt East); Boo Crabtree (Fairdale): Randell Pickett (Southern); Demetrius McReynolds (Butler). Coaches: Mark Wells (John Hardin), Shawn Purlee (Butler).

 

• East: Lavonne Holland (Ballard); Brock Kiesler (St. Xavier); Stuart Jackson (Central); Miles Rice (Trinity); Davin Mayfield (Atherton); Andy Tillman (Manual); Shae Goodlett (South Oldham); David Levitch (North Oldham); Kristian Morgan (Gallatin County); Sam Gruber, Jacob Kopp (Oldham County); Andrew Sampson (Simon Kenton). Coaches: Jimmy Just (Manual), Jason Holland (Oldham County).

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120712/SPORTS05/307120099/Area-basketball-stars-square-off-Saturday?nclick_check=1

The Dead Period concluded July 10.

 

This game is AOK.

 

I was asking if this game would be allowable during the dead period. I know it isn't currently played durin the dead period. A poster mentioned it should be played during the dead period. I was just asking if it is allowable.

This game has been going for years.

 

Yes. I was just wondering if it could be played in the dead period.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.