Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5th/6th vs 7th/8th all-star game

Featured Replies

The game would be fine during the dead period, as long as; it wasn't played at a school any of the participants attend; no one had school uniforms on; none of the particpants coaches coached in the event; none of the equipment used came from the school of a participant.

 

Kids play AAU during the dead period. As long as all participants schools were totally out of the mix, not sure how this would be any different. Of course that's a long laundry list of things to set up in order to play it during the dead period.

 

I'd play it in the Spring or in June.

 

 

I'd play it in April right before AAU kicks off and still close enough to the end of the season to warrant interest.

 

I ask if it's allowable because normally these all star games involving different regions require the players to wear their school uniforms, some schools or booster clubs may cover the cost to play in these games and coaches of the all stars as well as coaches from the regions involved attend the game and help put the game on. From what I know it's hard for schools to not be involved with the process which is a violation of the dead period rules isn't it?

I'd play it in April right before AAU kicks off and still close enough to the end of the season to warrant interest.

 

I ask if it's allowable because normally these all star games involving different regions require the players to wear their school uniforms, some schools or booster clubs may cover the cost to play in these games and coaches of the all stars as well as coaches from the regions involved attend the game and help put the game on. From what I know it's hard for schools to not be involved with the process which is a violation of the dead period rules isn't it?

 

I know the KHSAA desires that the "spirit" of the Dead Period is that coaches and players have NOTHING to do with their high school programs or high school sports.

 

Therefore, I would suggest not trying to have games like this during the dead period.

 

Let the coaches and players be away from their high school sports connections in a 100% manner.

I know the KHSAA desires that the "spirit" of the Dead Period is that coaches and players have NOTHING to do with their high school programs or high school sports.

 

Therefore, I would suggest not trying to have games like this during the dead period.

 

Let the coaches and players be away from their high school sports connections in a 100% manner.

 

 

Agreed.

 

If I were a high school coach I would want to be at the game to support my player(s). This game played during the dead period would restrict that from happening.

Agreed.

 

If I were a high school coach I would want to be at the game to support my player(s). This game played during the dead period would restrict that from happening.

 

It's not dead period so this conversation makes no sense.

I'd play it in April right before AAU kicks off and still close enough to the end of the season to warrant interest.

 

I ask if it's allowable because normally these all star games involving different regions require the players to wear their school uniforms, some schools or booster clubs may cover the cost to play in these games and coaches of the all stars as well as coaches from the regions involved attend the game and help put the game on. From what I know it's hard for schools to not be involved with the process which is a violation of the dead period rules isn't it?

 

Yes it would be a violation.

 

Really the only way to make a game like this work during the dead period would be to have an outside organization like the Lions Club come in and run everything. They'd also have to secure a place like Bellermine. Then you'd still have an issue with coaching. You'd almost have to bring in coaches from other regions to prevent possible violations.

 

Like I said before, a lot of hoops to jump through just for an all-star hoops game. (pun intended).

 

We're in agreement the game should be played in the Spring. I'd play it the week after the state tournament myself, or maybe the Friday night before the NCAA final four.

It's not dead period so this conversation makes no sense.

 

True. It's a hypothetical.

Trey Rakes lifts West with buzzer shot in Junior All-Star basketball play

From Jason Frakes:

 

 

Trey Rakes of Bullitt East hit a pull-up 15-foot jumper at the buzzer to lift the West to a 122-121 victory over the East in the Kentucky High School Coaches Association boys’ Junior All-Star Game last night at St. Xavier.

 

Boys: The West led much of the game but trailed 121-120 after two free throws by Gallatin County’s Kristian Morgan with 18 seconds left. Rakes’ shot ended a furious fourth quarter.“It was the shot I wanted,” he said. “I had an open look. I’m glad it went in.”

The East led 98-89 before the West turned the tables. Two 3-pointers by Butler’s Demetrius McReynolds helped tie it at 100 with seven minutes left, and it was back and forth to the finish.

 

 

Bullitt East’s Derek Willis and Rusty Troutman were no-shows.

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120714/SPORTS05/307140097/Trey-Rakes-lifts-West-buzzer-shot-Junior-All-Star-basketball-play?nclick_check=1

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.