July 3, 201214 yr Author Lets see how many days in a row we can play down 2 + men. Relax Cozart 6, Stubbs 8, Votto 3, Phillips 4, Bruce 9, Ludwick 7, Frazier 5, Hanigan 2, Cueto RHP
July 3, 201214 yr I'm so sick and tired of everyone married to numbers. If nothing else, it has dumbed us down as fans. Maybe it's not popular, but I prefer to analyze the game with the old eyeball. I know Stubbs doesn't get a good jump on balls because I pay attention to stupid crap like that, not because of a chart that shows me all of the balls he gets to. I don't give a rip about wins and losses when it comes to a pitcher. Arroyo went several starts a couple of years ago with no wins and one loss if I recall correctly, and he had pitched the best baseball of the season in that stretch with nothing in the W column to show for it. The moneyball era has made the fans of baseball forget to watch and enjoy the game of baseball.
July 4, 201214 yr Cozart 6, Stubbs 8, Votto 3, Phillips 4, Bruce 9, Ludwick 7, Frazier 5, Hanigan 2, Cueto RHP Cozart, Stubbs, Votto and Phillips have all been dinged up in the past couple of weeks. The All Star days off (for all but Votto, and maybe for Votto??) are coming at a great time.
July 4, 201214 yr Wow. The first time the Reds have gone this deep into the season using the same 5 starting pitchers since 1897. 1897, wasn't that Rolen's rookie season?
July 4, 201214 yr Author Wow. The first time the Reds have gone this deep into the season using the same 5 starting pitchers since 1897. 1897, wasn't that Rolen's rookie season? And there it is.
July 4, 201214 yr Wow. The first time the Reds have gone this deep into the season using the same 5 starting pitchers since 1897. 1897, wasn't that Rolen's rookie season? He was in the minors. Jamie Moyer was 10 years in.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.