Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corn on the cob

Featured Replies

So the Mrs. decides to stop at a farmers market and picks up a dozen ears of corn yesterday. I had seen a video of a new method of cooking the Corn on the cob.

Instead of the traditional soak in water and grill, or the shuck and boil, we tried the new way.

 

Take an ear of corn and leave in the shuck and place into the microwave for 2 minutes. When done, cut off the bottom of the ear and push the ear out from the top of the shuck through the cut end. The ear comes out with no silk and is hot as can be. We even got fancy and did 2 ears for 4 minutes and it worked great too.

For early corn it was actually pretty good.

Give it a try, a lot quicker than traditional methods and no silk to jack with is a huge bonus.

That does sound a lot easier. I might have to try it, but I do love the grill flavor it leaves.

So the Mrs. decides to stop at a farmers market and picks up a dozen ears of corn yesterday. I had seen a video of a new method of cooking the Corn on the cob.

Instead of the traditional soak in water and grill, or the shuck and boil, we tried the new way.

 

Take an ear of corn and leave in the shuck and place into the microwave for 2 minutes. When done, cut off the bottom of the ear and push the ear out from the top of the shuck through the cut end. The ear comes out with no silk and is hot as can be. We even got fancy and did 2 ears for 4 minutes and it worked great too.

For early corn it was actually pretty good.

Give it a try, a lot quicker than traditional methods and no silk to jack with is a huge bonus.

 

I hope your not making crack corn? :D

I've been doing this for several years. You can actually do 3 ears in 3-4 minutes and it turns out perfect. Each microwave heats differently so you may have to adjust the time based on your microwave. Don't over cook it.

  • Author
Did it after I saw that video as well...and agreed...it works like a charm!

 

That is the video I saw. Works great. Did it again tonight.

  • Author
I hope your not making crack corn? :D

Why not? Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care.

Trying It tonight !!

  • Author
...it really works!!

 

You doubted me?:idunno:

question, what happens when you microwave it for like 20 minutes, does it turn straight into popcorn?

You doubted me?:idunno:

 

Not a chance...

 

I was just reinforcing the point to any doubting minds :D

I would use this as a safety video about making corn when you are drinking....

 

apparently you have to be careful with that cut to the bottom......did you see that guys fingers?

  • Author

It comes out hot and stays hot! Be very careful.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.