Chris Heisey or Drew Stubbs: Who Is Better in CF for the Cincinnati Reds?

Chris Heisey or Drew Stubbs: Who Is Better in CF for the Cincinnati Reds?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Chris Heisey or Drew Stubbs: Who Is Better in CF for the Cincinnati Reds?

• Chris Heisey
    • Drew Stubbs

I'll put my record up against anyone's on here, nkufan23 ... I call it like I see them. Over the last few years, I've countered the hype on a lot of Reds' "prospects" (Dickerson, Keppinger, Rosales, Thompson, Stubbs, Alonso, Cozart, Frazier) and have usually been proven right.

I'm a baseball fan, period. I keep up with all 30 teams in some capacity, more than just any particular team. And if it seems like I go against the grain, it's because I'm not blinded by hype or loyalty to a certain team.

Fair enough...Sounds like you have a good idea about the game and no bias towards a certain team, that's good like I said I enjoy debating with you...It's good that someone goes against the grain and FWIW I wasn't on here at the time but I don't know why anyone would have ever hyped up Rosales or Thompson :lol:...It's still early to tell if your right on Frazier/Cozart...I might have just gained a little better understanding of you as a baseball fan and the way you call your shots and I won't take your accounts of what you see so personal from now on...Keep calling them how you see them and so will I, I'm sure we will disagree many more times but now I understand why :D a little more...

I'm a fan of the Reds watch every game, watch almost every AAA game and follow the system very closely...When a lot of the players get to the Reds I feel like I have seen more than numbers can predict because I have actually followed them, watched them and kept up with them...I know there tendencies and abilities more than someone that just knows the back of their baseball card...I follow other teams as well but in more of a Baseball Tonight/MLB Quick Pitch/Internet kind of way...My TV from the months of April thru October only contains 3 or 4 stations, the ESPN Networks, MLB Network, FSN Ohio and whatever other station the Reds might be on or any other baseball game...Sorry if I had you pegged wrong:thumb:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough...Sounds like you have a good idea about the game and no bias towards a certain team, that's good like I said I enjoy debating with you...It's good that someone goes against the grain and FWIW I wasn't on here at the time but I don't know why anyone would have ever hyped up Rosales or Thompson :lol:...It's still early to tell if your right on Frazier/Cozart...I might have just gained a little better understanding of you as a baseball fan and the way you call your shots and I won't take your accounts of what you see so personal from now on...Keep calling them how you see them and so will I, I'm sure we will disagree many more times but now I understand why :D a little more...
You were touting Cozart as an impact bat last year ... I think it's safe to say he isn't that, although his glove is fine.

Some were touting Rosales after he got off to a hot start at Louisville one year, and some were hyping Thompson just before he was promoted.

And actually, you can add Francisco to the list, too.

Stubbs gets the time because his defense is superior to Heisey's ... Heisey may have had a shot in CF in another organization, but it wasn't happening in Cincinnati and he doesn't hit enough to hold down a corner.

No one is claiming Stubbs has a significant offensive edge ...

Heisey is gonna get his shot. He may not have the speed but his defense has been pretty darn good. When you wrote that Heisey doesn't hit enough it sounded as Stubbs did...my bad.