Brady Highchew of NCC. Wow what a four year run!

Has there been a high school athlete in the last 40 years, or as long as I have been doing this, who has a career of success the likes of Brady Highchew? Baseball, basketball, football. Has anyone been to more state tournaments than Brady? What a great high school career he has had.

I put this in the baseball forum as this is the season we are now in!

TOG ... I was thinking the same thing when NCC won the regional. I can't recall anyone who has achieved the level of success in a high school sports career that Brady has. There aren't many of the highly talented athletes even playing 3 sports these days, let alone have the success Brady has as both an individual and as a team member. Congratulations to Brady on a great career!! ... and it isn't over yet!

I think it is absolutely remarkable what Brady has done..I can't remember anyone ever having this much success in 3 sports. Congrats to Brady!!!

You serious....

Don't you still have both of their College Jerseys hanging up when they played @ Ky.:lol: Brady is a super High School player and deserves all the hype he deserves, but lets not be quick to forget the Duo that played back in the mid to late 90's at Highlands. If both of those 2 would of played their Jr & Sr years in baseball, Highlands would of had 2 more regional titles.

Again,

Congrats to Brady for making a huge difference in one's Athletic program but there wasn't a more successful duo than them. IMO!!!

Congrats to Brady on a fantástic career at NCC in all 3 sports.

Impressive, Impressive, Impressive

And to be a major contributor/leader in all three sports on top of it.

Just an incredible career for Brady at NCC.

Congratulations Brady!!!! I like to see you getting this recognition for all you've done for NCC over the years.

Great thread TOG!!!

Chewy and Mrs. Chewy I'm sure are very proud!!!

You serious....

Don't you still have both of their College Jerseys hanging up when they played @ Ky.:lol: Brady is a super High School player and deserves all the hype he deserves, but lets not be quick to forget the Duo that played back in the mid to late 90's at Highlands. If both of those 2 would of played their Jr & Sr years in baseball, Highlands would of had 2 more regional titles.

Again,

Congrats to Brady for making a huge difference in one's Athletic program but there wasn't a more successful duo than them. IMO!!!

But they didn't play.. I agree if they would have played. Brady played 3 sports his entire hs career..Can I think of better athletes....yes. But none that played all through hs..JMO

You serious....

Again,

There is No Way that Highlands wins in baseball Smith's Jr and Sr year. Highlands won those regionals due to Glazier and Pfetzer pitching back to back in the post season. Derek was decent at baseball. Jared was ok. We beat the dog snot out of them in 98 and NewCath won the region in 99

Derek and Jared were special in football and basketball for sure. Brady is also a special breed.

But they didn't play.. I agree if they would have played. Brady played 3 sports his entire hs career..Can I think of better athletes....yes. But none that played all through hs..JMO

I agree, I've had the pleasure of watching Brady play these sports. Hard to find a kid who has more heart and/or has made an impact in every game he has played. I'm sure mom and dad had to build a new wing on the house for all of the team and personal hard ware he has pulled in. Congrats on a great 4 years and best wishes!

There is No Way that Highlands wins in baseball Smith's Jr and Sr year. Highlands won those regionals due to Glazier and Pfetzer pitching back to back in the post season. Derek was decent at baseball. Jared was ok. We beat the dog snot out of them in 98 and NewCath won the region in 99

Derek and Jared were special in football and basketball for sure. Brady is also a special breed.

I believe that without playing those 2 seasons that they still were both drafted as baseball players in later(much later, but still drafted) rounds incase other avenues didnt pan out. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think this was about the time spring football started and the blue koolaid was being drank at HHS. Plus the baseball program was being taken to the cleaners. When Glaser was at HHS, I can still remember the scouts with the radar guns every time he pitched. One time in particular I can remember the scouts putting the guns away and heading to the cars. All of a sudden a certain sophomore started popping the leather off the bump. The guns came back out rather quickly, as it was D Smith slinging it.

IMO the difference in these guys was that Brady was fun to watch, and had a great run with lots of success. But these other two were flat out DOMINANT at everything they did.