Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Harden vs Jodie Meeks

Featured Replies

Remember that debate? That was a fun one on here... :lol:

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I mean I hate to say I told you so, but....:lol:

 

We tried. I think they have it figured out now...:lol:

Meeks is strictly a jump shooter, pretty much like he was in college, and never developed a dribble drive game, as a distributor of the ball and is not a very good defender.

  • Author
Meeks is strictly a jump shooter, pretty much like he was in college, and never developed a dribble drive game, as a distributor of the ball and is not a very good defender.

 

All reasons Harden was a better college player, draft prospect and pro. Some just didn't want to listen back then...

Meeks is strictly a jump shooter, pretty much like he was in college, and never developed a dribble drive game, as a distributor of the ball and is not a very good defender.

 

Meeks is a pretty good defender actually, or at least from what I have seen. However Harden is different ten times better overall.

All reasons Harden was a better college player, draft prospect and pro. Some just didn't want to listen back then...

 

I'm not sure I wan't to look at the thread, because I might have said Meeks back in the debate back then haha. Harden is awesome!!

I'm not sure I wan't to look at the thread, because I might have said Meeks back in the debate back then haha. Harden is awesome!!

 

Looks like I was smart enough not to post in that thread. :D

 

I would have probably said Meeks though honestly because I didn't watch many of James Harden's games in college.

Yeah, I remember that thread and not posting in it strictly because I had not seen Harden play one minute of basketball that season.

I remember people saying that if the Cavs got Meeks they would win it all.

In the college game I could see where Meeks would have gotten a lot of praise and where it could have been a debate. Meeks had a killer junior season, and would have killed it even harder if the coach didn't hate him and wanted him to leave the team or quit shooting. Harden was and is the better pro prospect based on all of the potential he had with his size, skill, and all around game. BUT, as comparing the two as scorers back in those day's it's easy to see where Jodie could stack up. Jodie was the more efficient scorer then, getting a lot of point coming off screens, etc. Harden was obviously the more versatile scorer although his scoring ability was no where near the level it is now. He did show a few glimpses, and had some monster games himself. The potential and the skill were there, he just didn't have everything flowing like he does now. So for those reasons I don't think it's unfair to criticize to much their ability as scorer's in college. However NBA speaking Harden was and will have always been the overwhelmingly favored pro prospect.

All reasons Harden was a better college player, draft prospect and pro. Some just didn't want to listen back then...

 

It wasn't hard to project who was the better prospect but Harden didn't necessarily have a better college season, and that was the debate, at least the one I was involved in.

  • Author
It wasn't hard to project who was the better prospect but Harden didn't necessarily have a better college season, and that was the debate, at least the one I was involved in.

 

Meeks was never, and will never be a better player than Harden. That was the debate I was, and still am, involved in... :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.