What Are You Reading (next round)

mcpapa

Been a while since I checked in (other than to close the other thread). Since then I've re-read the LOTR trilogy, re-read the 7 Harry Potter books, re-read James Michener's "Chesapeake" (my favorite of his since my mother's family all hailed from Maryland's Eastern Shore; currently re-reading Feinstein's "A Good Walk Spoiled".

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm caving in and started the Hunger Games. I hope it's worth it because I've resisted the incessant nagging from everyone long enough. I'll be cracking it open with a scowl on my face.

I've been doing the same. It's still on my dresser unopened as of now.

I'm caving in and started the Hunger Games. I hope it's worth it because I've resisted the incessant nagging from everyone long enough. I'll be cracking it open with a scowl on my face.

As much as you two read, it should only take you a few hours to get through.

UKMustang how do you overall feel about ASOIAF compared to other fantasy books. I put it as the best fantasy series ever. I think 5wide agreed with me. I know some direhard LoTR fans shun me for saying that though.
It will probably end up as my #1 but I'll wait until it's finished to put it there (if Martin ever finishes the damn thing). Right now I have Harry Potter edging LoTR.

It will probably end up as my #1 but I'll wait until it's finished to put it there (if Martin ever finishes the damn thing). Right now I have Harry Potter edging LoTR.

Blasphemy.

Incidentally, I'm reading a collection of J.R.R. Tolkien's poems and stories.