Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina: Argument Against Gay Marriage

Featured Replies

Are you as against divorce as you are same-sex marriage?

 

Divorce is legal, ss marriage is not. While divorce is not good, especially for kids, it is reality. I think the divorce rate sky rockets when ss marriage is enacted. It will happen eventually.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Divorce is legal, ss marriage is not. While divorce is not good, especially for kids, it is reality. I think the divorce rate sky rockets when ss marriage is enacted. It will happen eventually.

 

So....if same sex marriage were legal, you'd have no problem with it?

 

And you find same-sex marriage (a choice between two people to live their lives together, and possibly raise a family), but you don't find divorce (the rending of a sacred union of two people, many of whom have families) detrimental to society?

This was posted on facebook, and too funny!533349_387442124627822_145318588840178_1049239_1683685658_n.jpg

The poll number I saw shows it at 50%-48% are in favor nationwide now. Despite votes to the contrary thus far.
A few months ago there was an article that said around 2004 in Ohio it was about 60%-40%, and now it's about even. Also, Ohioans are making a push to get it on the ballot (would be nice if KY gave their citizens the RIGHT to put things on the ballot, cough, gambling, cough).
It's not so much my life I'm worried about, it's more about our society as a whole and the direction it's headed if this issue were enacted.

I agree. It's the unraveling.

It's not so much my life I'm worried about, it's more about our society as a whole and the direction it's headed if this issue were enacted. I could careless if people want to take illegal drugs and ruin their lives, but I would not want it legalized due to the effect it would have on our society.

 

I just believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. If gays want to have unions and ring ceremonies, more power to them. Your opinion differs from mine. No big deal, all good.

So you would be ok with states allowing the people to vote to ban interracial marriages?
Divorce is legal, ss marriage is not. While divorce is not good, especially for kids, it is reality. I think the divorce rate sky rockets when ss marriage is enacted. It will happen eventually.
Come on, it's at 50% now.
So you would be ok with states allowing the people to vote to ban interracial marriages?

 

Interracial marriage is between a man and a woman. It's also been legal for quite some time. There has to be a line drawn at some point and that's exactly what the people of 30 states have done. They have voted to draw the line and are firmly against gay marriage. Indisputable. What's next? Legalized marriage between brothers and sisters? Daughters and Fathers? Mothers and Sons? According to some here, everyone should have the "right" to marriage. I disagree.

Interracial marriage is between a man and a woman. It's also been legal for quite some time. There has to be a line drawn at some point and that's exactly what the people of 30 states have done. They have voted to draw the line and are firmly against gay marriage. Indisputable. What's next? Legalized marriage between brothers and sisters? Daughters and Fathers? Mothers and Sons? According to some here, everyone should have the "right" to marriage. I disagree.
It doesn't matter if it is currently legal or if it is between a man and a woman. I'm asking if you would be ok allowing the people to vote on making it illegal.
It doesn't matter if it is currently legal or if it is between a man and a woman. I'm asking if you would be ok allowing the people to vote on making it illegal.

 

I am a proponent of the 10th amendment and respect the power of the people and the rights of individual states. I believe federal mandates are unconstitutional. The people will speak loudly when certain lines are attempted to be crossed.

I am a proponent of the 10th amendment and respect the power of the people and the rights of individual states. I believe federal mandates are unconstitutional. The people will speak loudly when certain lines are attempted to be crossed.
I assume the answer to my question is yes then. If the state of KY were to put on the ballot a proposal to ban interracial marriages you would be ok with that.
I assume the answer to my question is yes then. If the state of KY were to put on the ballot a proposal to ban interracial marriages you would be ok with that.

 

Would never happen. That issue has already been proven that it does not cross the line. When is the last time something was repealed by a vote of the people? There in lies my point. The people will speak when lines are trying to be crossed that should not be. Like I said previously, I may not always agree with the majority, but I will always respect their voice.

  • Author
Would never happen. That issue has already been proven that it does not cross the line. When is the last time something was repealed by a vote of the people?

 

AZ's law is being challenged in the Supreme Court.

 

States cannot vote on the abortion issue.

 

There are some issues deemed to be Federal. That's the debate on this one.

Would never happen. That issue has already been proven that it does not cross the line. When is the last time something was repealed by a vote of the people? There in lies my point. The people will speak when lines are trying to be crossed that should not be. Like I said previously, I may not always agree with the majority, but I will always respect their voice.

You and Dr. Spencer Reid must have taken the same dance class. In your mind, my mind, most logical people it doesn't not cross the line but I would guarantee you there are plenty of people in this country that would strongly disagree, black and white.

I am probably way off base, but I have 2 situations that make me think that the state of the headquarters of the insured company dictate the regulations.

 

When I worked for SBUX, we were offered not only benefits for same-sex partners, but also for anyone who lived in the household even if they weren't related...as long as they were documented as a resident of the household. One of my co-workers' roommate was covered under her policy, and they were NOT a same sex couple.

 

Secondly, when I left my last job, I assumed my health insurance coverage was terminated when I left. However, because the company that owns the hotel was headquartered in Texas, I was actually covered until the beginning of the following month, because they deducted from my paycheck coverage payment that included a period overlapping into the following month. So, I left July 19. Because that paycheck deduction covered into the first part of August, I was actually covered for the entire month of August, because of Texas law.

 

Most of your benefits depend on if your group is fully insured or if they are self-funded. Fully insured employers must abide by state regulation while self-funded groups don't follow those mandates.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.