Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina: Argument Against Gay Marriage

Featured Replies

You done with this?

 

Yeah, I'm done with "this". Was just looking for an answer.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As mentioned earlier, the majority of U.S. citizens were against the abolition of slavery as well. Does that mean they were right?

 

Was asking why the majority of U.S. citizens are against Gay Marriage? Wanna take a shot?

Was asking why the majority of U.S. citizens are against Gay Marriage? Wanna take a shot?

 

Probably because the majority of Americans are ignorant bigots?

Yeah, I'm done with "this". Was just looking for an answer.
Glad to hear you're on my side now! :D
Probably because the majority of Americans are ignorant bigots?

 

Brilliant! Got it.

Was asking why the majority of U.S. citizens are against Gay Marriage? Wanna take a shot?

 

I don't care why the majority voted against it. What I'm telling you is that what the majority thinks doesn't matter. We are goverened by the Constitution, not by the majority. Marriage has been held to be a fundamental right. Homosexuals can not marry the consenting adults of their choice due to the sex of their partner. The legislature has barred them from receiving the benefits of a fundamental right based on sexual preference. In my mind, that is not a compelling state interest to deprive the group of the right.

I question the "majority" are against Gay Marriage. The more accurate comment is the majority of those VOTING are against Gay Marriage. I wonder if they'd even bother to vote if that issue weren't on the ballot?

 

An interview I saw on ABC Nightly News on Monday tells me no. One person out trying to get people out to vote was a black gentleman, who was using this Ammendment to mobilize voters. He said the Ammendment was bait. He's trying to get black voters to the polls to vote for this issue, knowing they'll vote for candidates as well. He is looking to mobilize voters to vote Republican this go-around.

I question the "majority" are against Gay Marriage. The more accurate comment is the majority of those VOTING are against Gay Marriage. I wonder if they'd even bother to vote if that issue weren't on the ballot?

 

An interview I saw on ABC Nightly News on Monday tells me no. One person out trying to get people out to vote was a black gentleman, who was using this Ammendment to mobilize voters. He said the Ammendment was bait. He's trying to get black voters to the polls to vote for this issue, knowing they'll vote for candidates as well. He is looking to mobilize voters to vote Republican this go-around.

 

Wow, that's a novel concept that sounds very familiar.

I question the "majority" are against Gay Marriage. The more accurate comment is the majority of those VOTING are against Gay Marriage. I wonder if they'd even bother to vote if that issue weren't on the ballot?

 

The poll number I saw shows it at 50%-48% are in favor nationwide now. Despite votes to the contrary thus far.

The most liberal state in the nation voted it down twice. Cali is very screwed up, but got that one right.

The poll number I saw shows it at 50%-48% are in favor nationwide now. Despite votes to the contrary thus far.

 

Love your last sentence.

Love your last sentence.

Well, it is true. But believe that would be common practice on a civil rights (if you want to call it that) type issue. The short answer is that the country is divided on the issue, but the obvious pendulum swing is headed for the vast majority approving of it. I am in the Clint Eastwood camp that there are a lot more pressing things to be worried about and generally think that is how a lot feel. I simply believe to younger people marriage, love, and sex are viewed through totally different prisms now. Right or wrong.

RE, I'll ask you since you're obviously extremely against gay marriage....How does Bob and Bill getting married negatively impact RomanEmprie's life in any way? I'm looking for a real world example of how it harms you, not "the Bible tells me so" cop out.

RE, I'll ask you since you're obviously extremely against gay marriage....How does Bob and Bill getting married negatively impact RomanEmprie's life in any way? I'm looking for a real world example of how it harms you, not "the Bible tells me so" cop out.

 

It's not so much my life I'm worried about, it's more about our society as a whole and the direction it's headed if this issue were enacted. I could careless if people want to take illegal drugs and ruin their lives, but I would not want it legalized due to the effect it would have on our society.

 

I just believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. If gays want to have unions and ring ceremonies, more power to them. Your opinion differs from mine. No big deal, all good.

It's not so much my life I'm worried about, it's more about our society as a whole and the direction it's headed if this issue were enacted. I could careless if people want to take illegal drugs and ruin their lives, but I would not want it legalized due to the effect it would have on our society.

 

I just believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. If gays want to have unions and ring ceremonies, more power to them. Your opinion differs from mine. No big deal, all good.

 

Are you as against divorce as you are same-sex marriage?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.