Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County Coaching Vacancy

Featured Replies

Word on the street is that Jeff Hester(Boyle County assistant) was offered and turned the job down recently. Can anyone confirm this?

 

Does anyone know of any candidates?

I heard the same thing.

I am told by a good source that the "short list" includes:

Jeff Hester - Boyle County Defensive Coordinator

John Hines - Pulaski County Head Coach

David Buchanan - Mason County Head Coach.

 

I also was told that Hester decided against it, (don't know if the job was offered or not), and Buchanan wasn't interested. Haven't heard anything about Hines.

  • Author

I'm not surprised by Hester's choice. With Zach headed to the Naval Academy this fall if Zach is dressing Coach Hester will be at the game no matter how far away the game is. Navy plays against Notre Dame in Ireland if I am not mistaken and if Zach is in pads Coach Hester will be in Ireland. Kind of hard for a head coach in that situation to focus on his team.

I am told by a good source that the "short list" includes:

Jeff Hester - Boyle County Defensive Coordinator

John Hines - Pulaski County Head Coach

David Buchanan - Mason County Head Coach.

 

I also was told that Hester decided against it, (don't know if the job was offered or not), and Buchanan wasn't interested. Haven't heard anything about Hines.

 

Trust me Coach Hines will not leave for Mercer, not with what talent he has coming to him the next few years.

I'm not surprised by Hester's choice. With Zach headed to the Naval Academy this fall if Zach is dressing Coach Hester will be at the game no matter how far away the game is. Navy plays against Notre Dame in Ireland if I am not mistaken and if Zach is in pads Coach Hester will be in Ireland. Kind of hard for a head coach in that situation to focus on his team.

 

I've actually wondered if Jeff would keep coaching at Boyle. It is no surprise to me that Coach Hester would turn down Mercer. Hester spent four years as a head coach at Garrard County, after being an assistant for some time. He's now been an assistant at Boyle for 11 years. The defensive coordinator position seems to fit his personality much better than a head coach.

  • Author
I've actually wondered if Jeff would keep coaching at Boyle. It is no surprise to me that Coach Hester would turn down Mercer. Hester spent four years as a head coach at Garrard County, after being an assistant for some time. He's now been an assistant at Boyle for 11 years. The defensive coordinator position seems to fit his personality much better than a head coach.

 

 

I think it will be hard for any school to top his current situation at Boyle County.

John Hines would be a great fit at Mercer, he would do great there with the athletes Mercer has.

  • Author

I'm hearing Mercer will name a coach no later than Thursday. I have no clue who it will be.

They had better get on it. With the teams that are in their district.

  • Author

I believe Don Miller did interview. As did one of their assistants. Hester did turn it down. Unsure of other possible candidates.

Don Miller would be a good choice. He is a hard worker and gets alot out of the kids. He has done a good job at Western Hills.

  • Author

Tomorrow is going to be interesting if what I hear is true. Very very interesting.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting if what I hear is true. Very very interesting.

 

Share....

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.