April 26, 201214 yr Author Not a bad life before you hit the "real world." Depends on where you end up. Quite a few destinations are much more nightmare than dream...
April 26, 201214 yr Another "big" program has been calling. He is expecting to graduate and walk in May. My guess is he prefers the college route instead of Europe.
April 26, 201214 yr How tight do Miller and Mack remain? Although AZ seems logical, could the problems Lyons had at X impact Miller's desire for him? I know AZ, like all the other schools involved needs guard play; however, if Miller and Mack are tight, he might be privy to information about the X situation that Self and Cal are not. One more thing in regards to Cal. He seems to be really good at handling personalities. Not sure how that would translate with Lyons, but if anyone can smooth out Lyons rough edges, I wouldn't bet against Cal.
April 26, 201214 yr Ben Roberts @NextCats Mark Lyons' high school coach tells Cats Illustrated: "I think Arizona is probably in the driver's seat at this point."
April 26, 201214 yr Ben Roberts @NextCats Mark Lyons' ex-coach does say that UK has offered and he should be eligible to play next season
April 26, 201214 yr Ben Roberts @NextCats Mark Lyons' ex-coach does say that UK has offered and he should be eligible to play next season Would he really want to come to UK, and likely be a backup, albeit an important one? V. Tech's Harrell would seem more designed for that role, as he'd have some time left? Unless Lyons' priority is to win a championship, although he'd have a good chance at Kansas or AZ as well??
April 26, 201214 yr Would he really want to come to UK, and likely be a backup, albeit an important one? V. Tech's Harrell would seem more designed for that role, as he'd have some time left? Unless Lyons' priority is to win a championship, although he'd have a good chance at Kansas or AZ as well?? While I don't think he will pick UK I would not assume he would be a backup if he did.
April 26, 201214 yr While I don't think he will pick UK I would not assume he would be a backup if he did. Certainly has the ability to compete for either 1 or 2 guard, but would be behind Harrow in experience in the system, as he's practiced all year with the team.
April 26, 201214 yr Certainly has the ability to compete for either 1 or 2 guard, but would be behind Harrow in experience in the system, as he's practiced all year with the team. He natural position is the 2. He can play the 1. He'd play a lot of minutes in Lexington.
April 26, 201214 yr He natural position is the 2. He can play the 1. He'd play a lot of minutes in Lexington. :thumb: Thought I'd read somewhere, his reason for returning to school vs. trying the draft was to work on his PG skills? Certainly agree he'd see the floor a lot in Lex.
April 26, 201214 yr :thumb: Thought I'd read somewhere, his reason for returning to school vs. trying the draft was to work on his PG skills? Certainly agree he'd see the floor a lot in Lex. You could have and maybe that has an impact in his choice.
April 27, 201214 yr I read Doc's article today about Lyons and he just doesn't seem to get it. Apparently Mack told him what he expected out of him and Lyons didn't seem to be on the same page. A very talented but very selfish player.
April 27, 201214 yr I read Doc's article today about Lyons and he just doesn't seem to get it. Apparently Mack told him what he expected out of him and Lyons didn't seem to be on the same page. A very talented but very selfish player. Overall, Doc's understanding is correct but the details may not be complete. It was the best move for X.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.