10th Region- 2012-2013

Top Teams: Montgomery County, Mason County, Clark County, Pendleton County, Augusta, Bourbon County, Campbell County

Top Players: Omar Prewitt, Chris Gillispie, Nate McGovney, Mason Monroe, Brent Bach

Bishop Brossart returns a lot as well. My top three teams, in no order, would be Montgomery County, Bishop Brossart, and Scott.

Darius Jones (Montgomery County) has the athletic ability to be an awesome player if he can gain some maturity and confidence during the summer. He has some unbelievable moves.

Austin Crisp (Montgomery County) will be needed to step into the point guard role. The players will be there at Montgomery County. The question will be, "Can they hire a coach to take them to Rupp?"

• 2 weeks later...
^ As a long-time 10th fan, I hope so. This past year was the weakest the region has been in a month of Sundays (IMHO).

All except GRC. Don't see how you can call them weak. They compiled a 31-6 record and made the elite 8 in the State tourney, and ranked in the top 10 in the state most of the season. You may be refering to GRC walking through the 10th region tourney with wins over Augusta by 23, Campbell Co by 16 and Mason Co by 22.

And still pulled out a first round win at the Sweet Sixteen.

Elite 8 in the state isn't a weak team to me either.

Contrary to popular belief, "the region" isn't just one team.

The quote I addressed was "a little stronger top to bottom". Does any serious 10th Region follower think that 2012 was a strong year from top to bottom by recent 10th Region standards? Clark County was head and shoulders above everyone else in the region and got manhandled by a (very good, no doubt) Trinity team playing with 60% of its starters.

The fact that Clark beat everyone else in the region so easily proves my point. The region was way down. And as a supporter of the 10th, I hope it improves.thumb[1].gif