Campbell County 3 Beechwood 1

dd734

Final from Campbell County. Walsh pitched well for the Camels with 11 K's, Huesman came in, in the 7th, to close it for the Camels.

Walsh did pitch well, but I was surprised to see him throw 125 pitches this early in the season. Especiallly how cold it was.

Walsh did pitch well, but I was surprised to see him throw 125 pitches this early in the season. Especiallly how cold it was.

That is a crazy amount of innings, I hope it doesn't hurt Walsh later.

Congrats to the Camels on the win.

That is a crazy amount of innings, I hope it doesn't hurt Walsh later.

Congrats to the Camels on the win.

Do you mean the 6 innings of work or the 125 pitches? I'm assuming you meant the number of pitches.

This is the warmest march this region has ever seen. It's given coaches the chance to get kids out in the bullpen and stretch them out that way. Now, 125 may be pushing it but I dont know the kid or the situation, but not outta the relm of possibility.

This is the warmest march this region has ever seen. It's given coaches the chance to get kids out in the bullpen and stretch them out that way. Now, 125 may be pushing it but I dont know the kid or the situation, but not outta the relm of possibility.

If Dusty Baker did that with a professional pitcher people would scream bloody murder. And here we have a high school kid throwing 125. Not good.

Seriously people do you really think Schweitzer would hurt a kid? Plus he did not throw 125 pitches like everyone is saying. He did throw quite a lot but with Schweitzer being a former pitcher in the minor leagues I think he knows how to handle his kids!

Seriously people do you really think Schweitzer would hurt a kid? Plus he did not throw 125 pitches like everyone is saying. He did throw quite a lot but with Schweitzer being a former pitcher in the minor leagues I think he knows how to handle his kids!

You are correct. Schweitzer is very aware of what these kids are capable of. They throw bull pen regularly and have all been doing so since conditioning. My son pitches for Campbell County and threw 78 pitches, the most he has ever thrown in one game and Schweitzer knew when he was done. Yes it was cold, but Wlash was in a groove and kept his arm warm between innings. Walsh will play at the next level and trust me, Schweitzer isn't going to jeopardize that for another win on his coaching record. If there is one coach you can trust with your kids arm and insuring proper mechanics and teaching its him.