Any vegetarians on BGP?

bugatti

I considered giving it a shot for Lent but opted not to. I have never thought it to be natural, but always intrigued by the lifestyle. A lot in the triathlon/active community I notice are in to it and wanted to see if you guys have any experience with it.

And for the record, I can eat meat with the best of them. Too much in fact often times. However when I abstain it has never really bothered me.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not technically a vegetarian, but I'm never upset to not eat meat. Pasta dishes, for instance...I prefer them without meat. I actually don't even have much desire for meat in the summer, preferring a ton of veggies (especially grilled ones) instead.

I have a TON of vegetarian friends, and quite a few vegan friends as well. I can't imagine it's too difficult to make the committment.

I'm not technically a vegetarian, but I'm never upset to not eat meat. Pasta dishes, for instance...I prefer them without meat. I actually don't even have much desire for meat in the summer, preferring a ton of veggies (especially grilled ones) instead.

I have a TON of vegetarian friends, and quite a few vegan friends as well. I can't imagine it's too difficult to make the committment.

From a desire standpoint I agree. From a convenience standpoint being a vegetarian or all out vegan can be tough I would think.

I will say, by far the best cupcake I have ever had came last summer at a wedding reception I went to. Both were vegetarians and they had vegan cupcakes. I still lust for those things.

I just read a new report on "red meat", and we have decided to at least cut back on that part. I wish I could pull it up and if y'all read it you might also at least cut back, something along the line of more deaths due to it in a very long study.

I also read a few years ago that a little Red Meat was helpful to your system...

From a desire standpoint I agree. From a convenience standpoint being a vegetarian or all out vegan can be tough I would think.

I will say, by far the best cupcake I have ever had came last summer at a wedding reception I went to. Both were vegetarians and they had vegan cupcakes. I still lust for those things.

I have had some vegan/veggie stuff that was surprisingly very tasty. Though in all fairness I've had some that barely qualifies as food.

Anyone else fans of Portabella sandwiches instead of burgers? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE portabellas and actually prefer a portabella "burger" over a real burger.

I hate chicken so I rarely eat that anyway...unless I get it from Chicken King. :D